Prologue

The video camera's cracked screen turned on, brightness set on high. "Hello." The screen greeted before revealing the girl's tired eyes and bruised face. She took in a sharp breathe. This was her only chance.

"My name is Vanessa Crowford." She spoke softly . She took a long pause. "I am an employee here at Oscorp Industries. I am currently in a dark room. I don't know where but I know that I won't be  here for long. I don't have much time. Whoever finds this, you need to know the truth. Everyone needs to know the truth."  The red button blinked. Battery 2%. "Oscorp Industries is a death trap. They're monsters who use us and lie to the world about how they're helping the people. But they're not. People are dying! Lives are at risk everyday and no one knows about it! Except me. That's why they have me locked up in here, trapped in a dark, closed up room and I have no idea what they're going to do to me." The camera's red button blinked again. Battery 1%. Vanessa began to sob. "Please, you have to warn everyone! Please save the city! Please...someone help me!"

Vanessa heard distant footsteps coming. Her eyes widened and her breathe was caught in her throat. She looked back at the screen. "Please! help me!" she cried. A door swung open behind her, a bright light was shining and two shadows stepped out. They walked towards her. "Please! No! Let me go!" A hand grabbed at her hair, pulling her away and making her drop the camera. The camera fell and its screen shattered, but the video was still recording. The screen played the scene of the girl being taken away into the bright light. One dark shadow yanking at her hair and the other following behind. The door shut behind them and the room went dark again, but the audio still caught the distant screams fading away.

The red button blinked.

Battery 0%

"Goodbye."