reveal

this imagine is set back in the year of 2012
——————
you were mostly home alone half of the day for your two-year anniversary with bruno.

bruno was at the store with the guys, finding a last minute surprise gift for you. your parents were on their way to the house, but they wouldn't be there for another hour. due to the winter weather outside, it may be a little longer than that. so, you could actually have quality time to yourself to think and gather all of your thoughts.

your only job was to get really dressed up for today. you already had your knitted maroon dress, black tights, and black, ankle cut boots on. your hair was already curled up and your makeup was done.

the dress you were wearing had to be baggy at the front. you were five months pregnant, and you and bruno couldn't say a single word to your parents about it yet. y'all wanted to wait at least until you got to six months along.

you heard the front doorknob start to jiggle loudly along with the sound of keys behind it.

finally, you heard the door creak open. "hey, babygirl!" you heard bruno yell.

"hi, bru!" you ran up to him and gave him a kiss.

bruno stomped his feet on the mat to get the snow off, and he quickly took off his heavy coat. taking it from bruno, you examined the three gifts phil, eric, and kam were carrying in from the car behind him to sit them in the living room. they were all pretty large. that made you start thinking deeply about what could possibly be in those three wrapped boxes.

"whatcha got in those?" you innocently asked bruno with a cute smile.

"why would i tell you what your surprise gifts are? you were supposed to get me a gift too, you know?" bruno smirked.

you laughed at the thought of what you had gotten him. one of the gifts was matching necklaces for the both of y'all, engraved with the date y'all had officially gotten together: "12-10-10." the other was a poop emoji hat, since you always called bruno a "shit head" when y'all would play around.

"i actually did get you a gift, b! two gifts! they're put away right now though." you stuck your tongue out.

"mmkay, mmkay. but, [y/n], i gotchu three gifts." bruno bit his lower lip.

you rolled your eyes, laughed, and hung bruno's coat on the rack beside the front door.

y'all sat in the kitchen and tried to warm up from the coldness outside. you were shivering, and bruno wrapped his arms around you, which made you smile and warm up quicker.

you saw your phone vibrating on top of the kitchen counter and you reached out to get your phone to check who it was. it was your mom and dad.

"hello?" you answered.

"hi, sweetie! we're right out in the driveway! you mind coming outside?" your mom cheerfully exclaimed.

you looked over at bruno who had walked into the living room with his buds. you hung up on your mom and trudged outside. you didn't want to step out in the twenty degree weather. it was freezing!

you see your mom and dad helping each other pick up a large box out of the trunk of their car. your only thoughts were, "gosh, another big box?" it only made your curiosity flourish about bruno's gifts as well.

they noticed you walking out of the house, offering to help them. "we can do it, [y/n]! hold on a second!"

you watched them struggle to successfully remove it from the car. it took them about fifteen minutes. you knew it wasn't very mannerly to sit there and watch, but every time you'd insist to help, they'd decline it.