babygirl

[a follow up to the imagine, "reveal"]

you sat at the edge of your king-sized bed, carefully handling a picture of you and bruno from your baby shower. it was you and him, kneeled onto the grass of a nearby hillside, with a miniature chalkboard that read, "♡ 11-16-12 ♡" with the baby's due date. y'all still didn't know what y'all were going to name the baby girl. but, you were about a week away from the due date. you felt as if you were going to pop. the last stages of pregnancy weren't very easy. you only felt more and more miserable and uncomfortable by the second.

to make matters a little more complicated, bruno has been gone so much lately. it seems like every single day he gets further and further, although he's only half an hour away. he's been working on bits and pieces of his new album, unorthodox jukebox, and you couldn't be any more proud of him. you've heard snippets of a couple of the songs on the album, and it was mind blowing. you were ecstatic for the day the album would be coming out, so you knew every second while he was gone was well spent on his part.

throughout the entire pregnancy, bruno was such a good help. he would do anything he could to make sure you were comfortable and at ease. he'd make you dinner, and prepare a heating pad in bed for you. he'd sing you songs when you'd cry in discouragement, when you worried if you'd be a good mom or not. he'd massage your back and feet, and kiss you on the forehead while looking in your eyes. when it was said that bruno did anything for you, anything was an understatement. he'd do anything in the world for you.

tears formed in your eyes as you thought about how great bruno was as a boyfriend and an upcoming father. that caused you to hope he'd come back home even quicker. you looked back at the clock on your nightstand, and it read:

11:47 p.m.

bruno should be coming home within a good twenty minutes. you've been feeling a lot of pain in your pelvic area, and it began to worry you. it all began earlier that day, and it's been gradually progressing into an intense pain. since it was your first time being pregnant, you didn't know what these scattered painful sensations were supposed to symbolize.

you sit the baby shower picture back down on the nightstand next to your alarm clock, and make your way toward the staircase. as you were calmly walking down the stairs, another sharp pain causes you to jerk your back into a crouch. you groan in agony and start to breathe heavily. it was getting more difficult to walk down and head for the living room.

once you finally sit on the couch, you experienced two more sharp pains. both of them were worse than the last time you had them. you thought it'd be a better idea if you just went ahead and called bruno. you felt awful for bothering him when he was trying to work, but these sharp pains were becoming too severe.

you pull your phone out of your back pocket and dial bruno's number. while it rings a couple times, you got yet another sharp pain.

"hello?"

you lighten up as you hear his voice on the other end of the phone call. "hey, baby! i'm so sorry to bother you right no–"

"don't worry about it, boo. i'm just driving right now, so i can't talk for long. what's up?" bruno sounds rushed.

"i'm having these sharp pains in my pelvic area. i think they may be minor contractions."

you hear bruno's entire mood change right on the spot. "what?! when did this start happening?"

"a few hours ago." you felt hesitant to answer.