Untitled Part 11

Chapter 1371: Leaving the Gu Realm

Gu Yuan studied the somewhat embarrassed face of Xiao Yan from within the bamboo forest before glancing at the quiet bamboo house. All he could do was sigh. Even though he was Xun Er's father, it was the first time that he had seen Xun Er be this intimate with a man.

"You should have met Xiao Xuan, right?" Gu Yan faintly asked. He stepped into the moonlight and slowly walked toward the embarrassed Xiao Yan.

Xiao Yan was a little startled. He hesitated for a moment before replying, "Yes, I've met him..."

"I am able to sense the bloodline strength within your body. It is likely that it should be the last bloodline of the Xiao clan..." Gu Yuan clicked his tongue and sighed. "It is indeed not easy for Xiao Xuan to do such a thing. He is willing to turn himself into that in order to help the Xiao clan retain its final seed..."

Xiao Yan was silent. He naturally understood that the Heavenly Tomb was an enormous prison. As energy bodies, Xiao Xuan and the others were just prisoners within it. Although they were able to live in another form, they had to endure an endless loneliness.

"Elder Gu Yuan, is there no way to help him escape?" Xiao Yan's voice was a little soft as he inquired.

"At the very least, even I do not have the ability to do so. It is rumored that the Heavenly Tomb was created by an elite Dou Di a long time ago. If one wishes to break the rules within it and allow Xiao Xuan to escape, perhaps... one must also reach that level." Gu Yuan shook his head. Xiao Yan could clearly sense the complicated expression on Gu Yuan's face when he mentioned the words 'Dou Di.' This class was like a heavy burden that pressed on the souls of the people from the ancient clans. It drove all of them to put in all their effort.

"Dou Di..."

Xiao Yan bitterly laughed. This kind of legendary existence was really too unimaginable. Even Gu Yuan in front of him, who could be called one of the true top experts in the Dou Qi continent, would likely only have a heart filled with fear and respect because of these two simple words.

"Does this world truly have an existence known as Dou Di?"

Gu Yuan became quiet when he heard Xiao Yan's question. A moment later, he finally muttered to himself, "This... who knows. One would be like a god overlooking the continent at that level. Everyone will likely be ant-like existences in their[a] eyes."

"Their[b]?"

Xiao Yan narrowed his eyes. However, he was not aware what Gu Yuan's words meant. Was this so-called "their" merely illusory or did it truly refer to some existence?

Gu Yuan waved his large hand while Xiao Yan was considering the answer. He said, "You will be leaving tomorrow. Be careful. Given your current strength, those Elders from the Gu clan are unlikely to make things overly difficult for you. However, due to the matter of the Ling clan, Xun Er will not be able to leave the Gu Realm for the time being..."

Xiao Yan nodded and replied, "Does Elder Gu Yuan think that the change in the Ling Realm this time around is the result of a man-made or a natural disaster?"

Gu Yuan frowned in the face of Xiao Yan's question. He replied, "We are not very sure about this, but I think that they have met with a great trouble. The chances of it being caused by man is very low. After all, the Ling clan's strength could be ranked among the super factions on the continent. Even the Gu clan has difficulty forcing them to such an extent."

"What if it was the Hun clan?" Xiao Yan slowly asked. Back in the Heavenly Tomb, Xiao Xuan had said that the Hun clan was far too mysterious. Even though the Xiao clan and the Hun clan had been enemies for many years, the members of the clan did not dare to say that they completely understood this mysterious clan.