#6 Vikk

(Unknown POV)

When a man came into the orphanage looking for a young boy, I didn't expect what happened next. I was originally really exited to finally leave the orphanage. I had been there since I was a baby, and most of the kids were really mean to me. I'm just sad that none of my few friends didn't get to come with me.

"Where are we going!?", I excitedly ask while bouncing in my seat. "I'm taking you home. Don't worry about a thing, you'll love it there", the man says from across from me. He wears all black and sunglasses, so he must be some sort of super cool spy. Maybe I can be a spy with him when I get older. "Can I call you dad?", I ask out of the blue. The man stiffens up, before saying, "Uh-, Um.... why don't you just call me Danial for now?". "Ok Danial!", I chirp, "How long till we get there? What color is your house? Do you have any pets? Do I have any siblings?". My constant questioning seems to make the man uncomfortable, and I just assume that it's because he's never adopted someone before.

I watch out of the carriage window at all the trees that go by. We're riding down a dirt road, with no buildings in sight. It's starting to creep me out. "Danial? How far away is your house? This road looks creepy", I whimper. "Don't worry Vikk. We'll be there soon. I live out in the country. It's really pretty their", Danial says while tightly gripping the bench arm rest. "Okay....", I mumble. Warning bells are starting to go off in my head, but I'm sure that it will be fine.

We ride for while longer before the carriage turns off. Trees block my view of the building I can just make out. Daniel gets out of the carriage, and I quickly jump out and follow him. "Now Vikk, make sure you stay close to me. Don't wander off", Daniel tells me. I nod my head and stay close to his side. I'm bubbling in excitement at finally having a real home. I look up to see Daniel biting his lip, and I get slightly nervous.

We finally get around the trees, and I stop in my tacks. In front of us is a large, white building. There are no windows, and a wide moat encircles the entire thing. I can only see one entrance from here. Daniel nudges me forward, and I slowly start to walk again. "Daniel? What is this place?", I ask with my voice full of fear. "It's your new home. Don't worry, you'll be........ fine", he says. His hesitation was enough for me to make my decision.

I quickly turn and bolt back towards the road. Daniel shouts and starts to run after me, but I know I'm faster. I slip around the trees, already remembering the rout we took to get here. I don't see the person in the trees till it's too late. I'm tackled to the ground and pinned down. I wiggle and shriek at my attacker, but he's too heavy for me to escape. I fight as much as I can while my attacker manages to tie my feet together. He does the same with my hands as Daniel runs around the trees. "Good job for catching him. I didn't think he'd be that fast", he huffs. The person grunts before picking me up and sliding me over his shoulder. I continue to shriek and kick. I manage to hit him in the face before he throws me to the ground. I cry out as my skin scrapes against the ruff pavement. My arm bleeds from the impact. He then drags me by the rope around my feet, drawing even more blood. Little rocks and clumps of dirt collect in the cuts as I'm dragged. I whimper in pain and fear. I can see Daniel watching from a few blocks away, before going back to his car. How could someone be so cruel?

I'm taken into the building, where a group of people in white coats are waiting. A hospital bed on wheels waits nearby. I whimper and cry even more as the situation sinks in. The people turn and smile at my captor. "I see that you have the newest subject. Daniel must have actually done it. I'm surprised he didn't freak out once he got here", one man says. "He tried to run before he got to the doors. That's why he's so banged up. Nothing serious, and awake like you wanted", the person dragging me says. I'm grabbed by the arm, and I immediately start fighting again. I kick and swing my arms around widely, panic ruling my mind. "This one sure is a fighter. No wonder they're usually nocked out", a women says while grabbing my leg. It takes all of them to subdue me and tie me to the bed. A tight strap is over my shoulders and chest, my lower arms and torso, and one last one going over my lower legs. They also quickly force my head to the side and put a strap over my forehead. It's almost impossible to move, but boy do I try. One person put their hand just a little too close, and take the opportunity to bite them. They yelp and pull their hand away. I taste blood.