#21 GoldenEye's Criminal

(Vikk's POV)

     I don't really know how to explain it. It's kinda like an itch I can not scratch. I'm pretty sure that the lab gave it to me through whatever they did to my head 12 years ago. At first, I assumed it was a way for the scientists to bring me to them, so I ignored it. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I found out what it really was. I was walking around in the woods, carrying the few supplies in a bag that I had regrettably stolen, when the feeling washed over me.

'Get off of the trail! Hide in the brush! GO OVER THERE'. I didn't actually realize what I was doing until I was already diving into some bushes along the road. Seconds later, a group of royal soldiers came walking down the path. They were looking for me, but I had hidden just in time. It's a gut feeling that somehow knows the future. I've used to my advantage over the years. You don't become the Kingdom's most wanted criminal for no reason. They just never seem to be able to catch me, or catch a good look at my face.

     I had been living the life of a thief for 12 years when I got the strange feeling to move. It was dragging me in three different directions this time, dareing me to choose. I usually have more then one choice to make when I do have this feeling, but it feels more urgent this time. It's easy to tell when things are important. I just followed the direction with the hardest pull. The others can be ignored if I choose, but I still keep tabs on them on the back of my mind. They're not fading for some reason. The options are still open for me to intervene.

     So, I'm now in the middle of the forest where the trail ended. In a tree, I might add. I really hope that I'm not meant to be here a week from now. It's so boring just sitting here...... are those horses!? I duck behind a clump of leaves while relying on my dark clothing and small size to hide. A pair of riders move down the trail, scanning there surroundings every now and then. Nobody ever bothers to look up. I concentrate on a big oak tree farther down the path, shivering a little when an icy chill seeps into my bones. And then I'm in the next tree. Teleporting is pretty cool once you know the rules. Longer distances are worse, I can't teleport to places I can't see, the usual.

Moving things is much harder. Sometime I do it on accident, but I still feel the weight on my mind when I do. The heavier the object, the less I can think or even move. It's like my body can only focus on moving so much weight at any given time. I've uprooted trees while standing still. In a panic during combat, I've moved a dropped weapon into my hand. I can't concentrate on everything. Not too mention how all of my abilities tend to tire me out when I use them too much.

I jump from tree to tree, only teleporting when I can't make the jump. I stop after I spot a clearing with two others waiting. Are there others lurking in the shadows? Alarm bells are screaming in my head to stay hidden. The riders get off of his horse, dog tags flashing from underneath the cloak covering his face. A few words were exchanged before at least twenty people jump out from the brush. I recognize the symbol on their cloths, for some odd reason. So this is an ambush? They still don't know I'm here. Both horses bolt away with one of the riders, the men parting for it to pass. So they only want the one person?

Dog tag person drops into a crouch and looks around at the gleaming weapons around him. There's just no way he can fight them all. But I don't know if I should intervene or not. I decide to wait and see what happens. Being carful has kept me alive for this long. I watch as the first dagger comes flying at the cloaked figure, only for him to grab their wrist. He kicks them away and then does something strange: he closes one of his eyes in the middle of a battle. Is he trying to die!?

But I'm frozen as a glowing sword appears in his hand from thin air. How is he doing that? I can't even move as he continues to fight for his life. It's a long shot, but I only know of one place who could make people like this, like me. Could it really be? After all of this time, could someone else have escaped that fateful day 12 years ago? I'm brought back to the present when the cloaked figure yelps in agony. I look back in time to see him tackled to the ground with an arrow protruding from his shoulder.

There's no time to think anymore. I really hope that this works. I launch my self from the tree and into the fray. The men are shocked long enough for me to grab a hold of the cloaked figure by the arm. I quickly call up the chill as they turn their attention towards me. But it's like trying to raise a mountain! I've never teleported more then myself, and I've never had the need to. The ability keeps wanting to slip away as I try to stretch it further then I ever have. My vision even gets spots before my skin flares up with goosebumps.

     And then we're gone into the night.