Chapter 4

I was so sure that I liked Hae Seong. A thousand times over I thought about how I'd kiss him, but only, he'd start it not me. In my head we would be on a date and I'd hand him over a gift. He told me that he liked earrings so I brought him a pair just as a cool gesture. We would start getting closer during the night. He'd touch my arm or laugh at whatever stupid joke that I thought would be funny to tell. By the end of the night he'd wrap his arms around me and kiss me.

But that wasn't happening. It was never going to happen. Hae Song was a stupid asshole and I needed to stop dreaming.

Because once again: he bailed on me. The time he said he'd be here, he wasn't. He was the one who planned it in the first place.

And now I was returning the stupid earring that I bought, it hadn't been 30 days since I'd bought it and I wanted my money back.

To make it worse, I was also avoiding Jimin. I was still rattled by the way he'd been looking at me when I met him after class a few days ago. I couldn't remember how hard my heart was pounding when he looked at me with hooded eyes, his voice dropped low so that no one else could hear us. The slight curl of his lips. He didn't even get to finish asking me his question.

"So let's say that I want--"

Want what?

Somewhere in me I felt like I knew what the answer was going to be, but, I didn't want to. It was weird. I didn't actually know Jimin. I took a class with him and had recently had drinks with him. There was no way that the end of the question was going to include me. That was just plain stupid. Besides, Jimin was pull of jokes. The way he said that Jungkook was his boyfriend and then he said he was kidding.

He wasn't going to say, "So let's say that I want you."

I didn't have classes on Friday so I was just popping in and out of shops, but I didn't see anything that would catch my eye. After another hour of wasting time I decided that I should head home and at least start on the proposal I wanted to submit to my art history professor. I could order dinner later when I couldn't take the hunger pains.

I was in the middle of researching when there was a knock on the door. I shuffled, carrying my cup of peach rice wine with me. When I opened the door Hae Seong stood there with a guilty look on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I know I messed up but--"

"You're not even messing up at this point, you're just being a dick," I said. "What do you want?" He held up a bottle of wine and a bag of takeout.

"I lost track of time," he said stepping forward. I rolled my eyes and stepped to the side.

"Yeah, I'm sure you did," I said closing the door. Hae Seong placed the things he had and put them on the table. He'd been to my apartment a few times for projects so he knew where the dishes and and utensils were. I returned to my laptop to work on my proposal. After a few minutes I felt his hands on my shoulders.

"Did you want me to bring dinner to you or did you want to sit at the table with me?" I cut my eyes at him. I still didn't forgive him. I wasn't in the mood for his half assed apology either.

"I'll sit at the table," I got up from the couch and sat down in a chair and Hae Seong sat across from me. I picked up my chopsticks and started eating my food in silence. It wasn't until all of my food was almost gone.

"Are you not talking to me now?" Hae Seong said after a while. I looked up at him, chewing on my food a little more before swallowing. I poured myself a glass of wine.

"What is there to say?" I said. "What do you want me to say?"

"I don't--I, I'm sorry," he said. "I really am sorry."