19. Cold Surprise

"JuWen, wake up."

I felt a slight push and a warm presence beside my sore body. My eyelids fluttered open slowly as I found myself crouching at the corner of the bathroom in a hunched position, which clearly explained why my muscles were extremely tight that time.

Mrs Wong was crouched down beside me as she threw me a sympathic look before helping me up and walked me to my bedroom.

"You have school today, get ready quickly and go downstairs for your breakfast." She said before walking out of my room and shutting the door gentley.

I rushed to my bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower before blow-drying my hair. I quickly put on my uniform and tied my hair into a messy ponytail, before wearing my old pair of Steve Madden boots and rushed out of my room to eat breakfast.

My breakfast consisted of my usual salad which I have grown to hate so I decided to skip breakfast and went into Jamie's car. Jamie was already waiting in her car and I noticed that the car lacked one toxic presence, Nadine.

"Don't expect me to drive the bitch to school after what she's done to us." Jamie muttered before speeding out of our house. We were unexpectedly early today, I guess Jamie decided to go early to avoid driving Nadine to school.

"How?"

"I told Mrs Wong to wake you up extra early so we can get to school early without Nadine." She explained as her eyes were strictly trained on the road.

"How will grandpa react?" I asked, horrified at what would happen if grandpa knew.

Jamie let out a loud scoff before taking a left turn and gave me a pointed look.

"I couldn't care less, after what happened yesterday, you and I know that grandpa's attentions are only on Nadine's well-being and he's ignorant about anything except for his favourite grandchild. I can't wait until grandma comes home." Jamie retorted as I nodded my head in agreement. I couldn't wait for grandma to be back, she would always at least help with steering grandpa to look at the big picture instead of just focusing on his favourite grandchild.

"Landon-

"Oh, I called him and told him that you'll be riding with me today." Jamie cut me off, she always knew what I was about to ask.

"Okay." I replied.

And the ride was full of comfortable silence and the tranquility of the chill silence never failed to ease my nerves and made me feel so much more better.

After Jamie parked her car, we went out of the car to see Landon laying beside his red Ferrari as he stared ahead to look at me with a small smile playing on his face.

"Have fun with your prince charming." Jamie rolled her eyes before walking to the direction of the school after she gave Landon a small nod.

I walked to Landon as he spread his arms and we hugged each other, not caring about showing any PDA. I had to stand on my tiptoes to hug him because of the huge height difference and his tall height made never failed to make me feel protected whenever we hugged.

"I've missed you." He whispered to my ear before breaking away.

"Me too." I smiled.

"Grandpa said he was extremely jealous of me to be able to meet your mom, basically, he's a huge fan of your mother." He told me whilst we walked sideways with our hands interwined.

"Really?" I stole a glance at him as we walked to the direction of the school's main entrance.

"He kept complaining yesterday." He chuckled and then he turned to look at me abruptly.