4 - Christmas Dinner

"Alexander"
"Yes dear?" I smiled to myself, Alec never calls me 'dear'
"Magnus?" He called out again "Are the boys ready?"
"Well rafa is looking better than ever, but I'm having a little trouble with Max" Just as he said that Max ran into the room butt naked. I laughed to myself and sat up chasing him round the room "Come here you little devil" I teased. He continued running around the room squealing untill Alec came in the room and snatched him up, I snapped my fingers and he was ready. "Seriously? You couldn't have done that in the first place!" I laughed "What would be the fun in that." I took max out of his arms and asked him to get Rafael. I created the portal, we walked through and into the beautifully transformed dining room of the institute.

Max jumped out of my arms and ran over to his aunt Izzy, who scooped him up and they started chatting away. Alec gave me a quick kiss and walked over to Jace with Rafa. "Clary, what a beautiful job of decorating!" I said hugging her "thanks Magnus, it took quite a long time considering me and Simon are the only ones here who know how to make snowflake paper chains" she giggled. We all made our way to the table, me and Alec sitting next to each other with Max on his lap and Rafael at my side. Maia was laughing away at something Simon had said, and everyone was just having their own conversations. Isabelle and Clary got up to go and get the food, they came back first with the Turkey, gravy and potatoes. "You didn't make that yourself Izzy?" Simon asked. "Of course not, it actually looks edible" Jace replied, earning a laugh from everyone, even Izzy was in a good mood. After they had finished Max and Rafa left the table to go and play together whilst the rest of us sat and chatted for ages. Clary and Simon explained Christmas crackers to everyone, so me and Alec picked ours up, he won of course but refused to wear the paper hat, insisting it would look better on me. Everyone went silent for a second and then Alec whispered something in my ear. I clicked my fingers together. A peice of mistletoe began to grow over clary and Jace. Me, Alec and Simon all laughed whilst everyone looked on confused. Clary looked up and blushed profusely. She quickly pulled Jace in for a kiss, earning a clap from everyone. "Hang on, how did Alec know you're supposed to kiss under the mistletoe" everyone looked over at us, including Rafa and Max. Now it was Alec's turn to blush. It was getting late and the kids were getting tired, so we decided to head home. After all our goodbyes were said, and we had pryed our son from Isabelles arms, we walked through the portal and into our home. The boys were already asleep, so we tucked them in and then went to our room. I walked over and sat on the bed next to Alec, handing him a long thin present. "M-Magnus, you didn't have to"
"I know, but I wanted to." He unwrapped the box and took off the lid "Magnus, this is beautiful" he picked up the hand crafted silver bow. "I hoped you would like it"
"I love it, thank you" I kissed his temple and settled back down.
"And um, one more thing. I was planning on giving you this at dinner but. It didn't seem like the right time" he said leaning over. He leant a bit too far and fell off the bed, I laughed and leaned over to see If he was ok, he was sitting on one knee. "That's a weird position to land in" I said. He picked up a box and looked up at me. "Magnus Bane, I love you. So so much, you've helped me when no one else could, been through hell and back with me." "Alexander.." My eyes were tearing up. "Will you marry me?" He opened the box to find a ring lying inside. I was speechless, I simply nodded and jumped down ontop of him. "Yes. I love you Alexander" he hoisted me onto his waist and kissed me, then tripped over and we ended up on the floor again, a mix of laughter and kissing. God, I hope this moment never ends.