12 Days of Christmas: Day 7; Mistletoe

Yes I know I'm behind and yes I am sorry. 

Ms. Emrys loved Christmas. Merlin's house was always decorated from head to toe, they had around 4 to 5 trees, and the house always smelled of cookies. Every year Merlin claimed that his mum forced him to have a Christmas party, but everyone knew it was because Merlin loved Christmas just as much as his mum. 

So now they all sat hip to hip and knee to knee in the Merlin's living room, passing out gifts. Everyone was laughing and smiling, but Merlin sat there biting his lip and looking at his hands. Arthur knew that second that Merlin was nervous, but he had no idea way. They've been having Christmas parties since they were children and he has never seen Merlin act like this. Merlin's head went up and he locked eyes with Arthur, his face going a bright red and looking right back done. Arthur just rolled his eyes, 

"Merlin can you help me in the kitchen?" Arthur said getting up knowing that Merlin would follow him. 

Once they were alone Arthur turned to him, "Out with it. What's wrong? And I swear Merlin if you say nothing." 

Merlin looked up at him with is big blue eyes, looking nervous and scared, "It's your Christmas gift." Merlin mumbled. After Merlin said it, Arthur registered that he had yet to get a gift from Merlin. 

"Where it is?"

"My room." Merlin said looking at the ground. Arthur shook his head and took Merlin' hand, "Let's go then." 

Arthur felt like he had to drag Merlin up the steps as they headed to his room, when inside Arthur saw no package so he just looked at Merlin with raised eyebrows. 

" Close your eyes." Merlin said, Arthur gave Merlin a look but did it anyway. 

Arthur heard Merlin shuffle around his room, and open a drawer, closing it softly. Merlin walked back until he was almost noise to noise with Arthur. 

"Can I open my eyes?" 

"Yes, but first tilted your head up then open your eyes." 

"Why?" 

"Can you for once do something without questioning me?" 

"But were is the fun in that." Arthur teased. 

"Prat," Merlin mumbled, "Just do it." 

So Arthur did, and when he opened his eyes he saw Merlin's hand holding a patch of green leaves and red berries. Looking down he saw Merlin, with fear bright in his eyes and him biting on his lower lip. Arthur did what the only thing he could think of, he placed his hands on Merlin's hips, and slowly placed his lips on Merlins. He felt Merlin smile and kiss him back gently. It was soft, slow, and in Arthur's head perfect. Pulling back Arthur was met with a blinding smile and bright, glowing blue eyes. 

"My gift was a kiss?" Arthur asked with a smirk. 

"Yep," Merlin said popping the"P", "Did you like it?" Merlin asked face going red. 

Arthur couldn't help but smile, "Best gift ever." 

-The End