Dangerous Emotion

I am ignored. 

     I am neglected.

          I am never praised.

               I always work my hardest.

I feel jealous.

Sister is perfect.

     Sister is never neglected.

          Sister is always praised.

               Sister never works at all.

Sister feels nothing.

Sister's man is perfect.

     Sister's man is neglected, like me.

          Sister's man is never praised, like me.

               Sister's man always works his hardest, like me.

Sister's man feels cold.

     A funny dream I had; a small elegant tea party with fireflies keeping a nicely dim light around us. A perfect spotlight emitting from the moon to help along with those romantic fireflies. He wore a handsome tuxedo, and I was dressed in a beautiful gown with gorgeous lace here and there, and small golden vine patterns outlining parts of the dress, topping off with silky gloves. Sister sat in the corner, and finally, she was the jealous one. 

We talked all night from across the table. As the night continued, the table seemed to get longer and longer, keeping him farther from me. I call his name, but he doesn't answer back. I scramble onto the table and crawled towards him, the smooth, white table cloth folded under my torso. Every second got harder and harder to move, when I looked back and notice Sister keeping me back with a long, cold chain.

I woke up from that dream with Sister sleeping on the floor. Her man was sitting in the dining room chair, motionless as well. I look down at my hands; sticky, and red.