CHAPTER 1

"ZOEY! Time to get up, honey! My mom shouts from downstairs. "Okay, mom." I answer her. I jump out of bed and head to my bathroom and turn on the shower. I quickly get showered and dressed in my favorite pair of skinny jeans and my purple tank top with my white sneakers. I head downstairs and find my mom in the kitchen, busy making toast and scrambled eggs. "Morning mom. What's your plans for the day?" I ask as she sets a plate of food in front of me. "Well, my shift at the office is up until two, so we can go out for a walk if you like. Other than that I don't have any plans," she replies. I quickly nod my head as I finish up eating breakfast and heading to my room to get my backpack. "Okay, mom. I'm going to go to school," I tell her and give her a hug. "Okay enjoy your day. See you after school," she says. I head down the driveway and make my way to school. When I get there I head to my locker and get out my books for my first two lessons. I then head to homeroom where the teacher just takes    
register of who is here and who is not. Afer that I head to my first lesson and greet the teacher. I then head towards my seat in the front of the class. Halfway through the lesson a note gets passed to me. I already know what it is so I just ignore it and put it in my backpack. You see, I'm not the most famous person in the class. I have absolutely no friends and I get bullied every single day. But I am used to it. It had started five years ago when we moved here. I ignore it and go back to work. Unfortunately today was not my lucky day. Just as I was leaving class, someone trips me and I faceplant against the floor, hearing laughter around me. I ignore them and get up. Since it was the last period I walk to the gate where I see my mom waiting for me. I climb into the passenger seat, and dodge looking at my mom. I know I probably have a bruise starting to form on my face from my fall. "Hi, honey! How was your..." she trails of when she catches a glimpse of the bruise on my face. "Oh, Zoey. What happened?" She asks worriedly, examining the bruise carefully. "I just tripped," I tell her, leaving out the part of being tripped by Natasha, the schools biggest bully. "Are you okay?" she asked still concerned. "Yeah, I'm fine. Mom, can we just go home? I want to finish my homework and go to sleep," I ask. She nods her head and we head home. Once there I go up to my room and start doing homework. After an hour of algebra, I can't concentrate anymore, so I take out my guitar and start playing Ed Sheeran's A-team. I start singing along with it and get lost in the music, not hearing when mom calls me for dinner, and playing till I was tired. This was how most of my time was used. I put away my guitar and switch off the light. I crawl underneath my covers and close my eyes. Soon I drift off into nothingness, not knowing what was going to happen tomorrow, and also not caring.

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: The A-Team by Ed Sheeran