CHAPTER 4

"What are you doing here?" he asks us. "Um... We are on our way to a shelter in the woods. There is a meteor shower tonight," I hastily try to explain. The man stares at us suspiciously."We were just trying to get to the woods," Cath whimpers beside me. The man looks at the others with him. "Well, we can't simply let you through, otherwise others will try the same thing. Why don't we have a little bit of fun, huh? Let's play a little game I like to call hide and kill. You have to hide, and when we find you, we can do whatever we want with you. Deal?" He asks. "How do we win?" Ethan asks. "If you all can evade us for two hours, then you are free to go," he decides. "And you guys get a ten minute head start. Starting in 3,2,1.... Now!" He shouts. All three of us scramble in a direction. Once we have ran for five minutes we find an abandoned building. "Let's go in here guys!" Ethan whispers. He walks in and we follow after him. Cath locks the door once we are inside. "Okay, guys. What is the plan?" I ask them. We think for a moment. "How about we look for stuff to quickly booby trap this place. There is quite a lot of stuff lying around," Cath suggests. We all work quickly to booby trap the entire floor. Once we are finished we all grab something to defend ourselfs with. For extra safety we all hide behond something, for in case they find out we are in here. After about half an hour of waiting, we hear the door knob rattle and talking outside. We all sit anxiously waiting to see what is coming. Not long after the doorknob rattled. Someone starts kicking against the door. After a few minutes of them kicking the door, the lock finally gives out. We sit frozen in fear as we hear them stepping inside. "Come out, come out wherever you are?" one of the other guys said. Suddenly we hear a bang, as one of the booby traps hit one of them and they scream in anger. One of the guys laugh. "Gotta hand it to you kids. Your quite smart. First ones to think of using booby traps," we hear the leader say. It goes quiet again, as they start searching again. We decide to move locations, cause they are heading right to where we were. We quietly creeped behind the barrels and decide to split up. I head to a barrel close to the door. As soon as I get behind it, I hear Cath scream. "Oh, look what we have here!" The man who caught her said excitedly. "Leave me alone, you bastard!" Cath screams, kicking in every direction to get him to let go of her. "One down, two to go!" The leader taunted us. I try to get closer, but then I feel something pull at my hair. I turn aroind to see one of the men keeping a strong hold on my hair. I scream as he roughly pulls me to the middle of the room. "Boy, we have your friends! If you don't come out, we will kill them!" The leader said. I look and see Ethan next to the rope we tied to a wall. I turn to Cath and mouth 'duck'. Suddenly all hell breaks loose as heavypieces of metal starts swinging from the ceiling bitting the men on their heads. Cath and I jump up and start punching and kicking the men closest to us. They fight back, but we keep going. Eventually their all knocked out cold. "We did it!" Cath cheered. Ethan walks up to us and high fives us. Suddenly Cath is pulled down. I see the leader with a knife to her throat.

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER:Bad Blood by Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar