Our First Fight!

Hazel POV

We are watching tv when I get up and go to the bathroom. My text tone goes off.

You better not get anywhere close to Ian tonight. If I see or find out, you'll see what's coming.

I roll my eyes and put my phone down. I use the bathroom and walk back down the hallway, "Make sure you stay with Lily tomorrow at the fight."

I turn around quickly and see Ian leaning against the wall, "Jesus!! You scared me!! Why?" He lets out a long sigh, "I don't want Megan and her friends to mess with you."

I lean against the wall across from him and smile, "I'll be alright and plus I'm going to the back with Owen and then I'll be up there with y'all." He looks at me with a glint in his eyes, "What's wrong?"

He slides to the floor and runs his fingers through his hair, "Nothing, someone's on my mind right now."

I look down at him, "Ian, do someone you know got hurt because of bullying?" He looks at me with wide eyes, "H-ho, why do you ask?" I shrug my shoulders, "Just the way you act towards it."

He stands up quickly, "D-d-don't ask me that question ever again!!"  I look at him with wide eyes and with fear, "Ian! Why won't you tell me?! I'm your friend, you should tell me some things."

He looks down at me, "Some things are better not to be told!" He walks away from me and heads back in the living room, "You want people to open up to you, yet you don't do it yourself." I say to myself as I walk back in the living room.

I look at Ian and he stares at me as I sit down. "What took you so long? Ian went to the bathroom and came back before you." I look at Austin and scoff, "We girls have to sit down, wipe, and struggle to pull our pants up if they are too tight. All you boys have to do is unzip, pee, shake, and zip back up." Lily claps her hands loudly and nods her head, "Amen!! Preach Hazel! That is so true!"

Austin rolls his eyes and I stick my tongue out at him. Ian stands up and grabs a slice a pizza, I look away from him and look back at the tv.

Owen pulls me to the floor beside him, "Ah!! Why did you just do that?!" He shrugs his shoulders, "Because I want you beside me." I roll my eyes and look back at the tv.

Lily stands up and stretch, "Where do we sleep?" Owen looks at Lily and points upstairs, "I have a pullout couch in my room. Me and Hazel can share a bed and two other people can sleep on the pull out bed." Austin holds his hands up and shows us three fingers.

"Where are the other three supposed to sleep at?" Owen looks at Austin, "There's a smaller room across from mine and there are two twin beds and a futon." I stand up and stretch, "I'm tired, I'm going to go ahead and lay down."

Owen looks at me and stands up quickly, "I'm coming with, y'all can stay down here or come along."

"I call the pullout couch!!" Lily shouts, before Shane could even say anything, Mason holds his hand up to stop him. "We already know that you're sleeping with Lily. There's no need for you to yell it out to the world."

We all laugh and Shane glares at Mason, "Owen carry me on your back." I jump on his back and we all start heading upstairs.

I turn to look at Ian and see that his eyes look distant. He looks up and our eyes connect, I turn away quickly and lay my head down.

I know now not to try to get to know Ian. This is his second time lashing out on me.

Mason, Austin, and Ian go to the room across from us. Owen throws me on his bed. I let out a squeal as he jumps on the bed with me.