Book 1 || Chapter 9 {edited}

I can't believe it. I'm going to Quilleute school. Apparently Emily had already signed all of the paperwork and I have to go there tomorrow!

I'm so nervous because she said I was going to be in the classes that the boys were in so it was then and some other people I guess, but still I'm a HYBRID, I'll probably be an outcast once they find out what I am.

I've tried pointing that out but, I don't want to seem ungrateful so I decided not to push my luck.

*next day*

"So, Are you ready for school?" Emily asked.

"Yeah" I lied not wanting to upset her. I was wearing a gray sweater, jeans and sneakers. I think it's an ok outfit, not too classy, not too boring.

I checked the time, it was 8:00. "I should get going, I don't want to be late" I say.

"Ok, have fun!" She yells.

I snort, sure like school is fun.

The school is supposed to be like 2 blocks away so I decided to walk, not like it's going to make me tired or anything.

My human senses are strong, but not that strong.

I can basically go days without sleeping and it won't affect me, it'll just feel uncomfortable.

The school isn't actually that big so everyone probably has known each other since birth so my presence is going to be VERY noticeable, I have the worst luck.

Apparently my schedule says my home room is geometry in building 2 room 367.

Then my other core classes, I also have to take French , which is going to be easy cause I already know how to speak French due to the fact that I went to France for my 7th birthday but I looked like a 13 year old so it wasn't that long ago.

For my elective classes I have P.E which I love cause it's fun.

I remember when Eddie used to tell me stories about Bella, how she was so clumsy and used to fall a lot, Nessie is a lot like her.

Unlike Bella, I have coordination, and the ability to not fall every 5 minutes.

I walk in the school building to see everyone with their 'groups' and, luckily no one noticed that I'm new so that's good.

I wish Paige was here, she would make this day a whole lot easier, but she texted me last week that she was moving to London since her dad got a new job.

So it's not like she would be anywhere near here.

Ok I'm in building 2 just need to find the right classroom

"do you need any help?" A girl asks.

"Umm actually I do, where's classroom 367?" I ask.

"It's right over there" she points towards the classroom on the right.

"ok thanks" I say.

I walk in and I sit in the back of the classroom, luckily the teacher didn't make me stand up in front of the classro-

"Ms Cullen, why don't you come up here and say a little bit about yourself?" The teacher says.

Why is the universe so against on me having a good day?.

I drag my feet and look up to see everyone staring at me.

Great.

" Well.. I... I'm Carlie and.... I love to play sports" I stutter.

Oh gosh I sound so lame. I feel everyone staring at me as I walk back to my seat.

I just totally ruined my life, somehow they are still managing  to look at me even though I'm at the back.

The teacher's letting us watch a movie because he says ' we're still on break' I'm not complaining though.

As soon as the bell rang I almost ran out of the classroom, luckily I have P.E next so I won't be bored.

"Excuse me, do you know where P.E is held at?" I ask a girl.

"It's over there" 

"thanks" I say.

It's a pretty decent gym, it's got a volleyball net so I'm good.

I see everyone wearing bathing suits

"why are you guys wearing bathing suits?" I ask.

"We're going to play in the volleyball in the pool" she tells me.

"Oh ok" I guess I'll go ask the teacher where I get a bathing suit.

So she gave me one, it's ok looking I guess. It's a navy blue color, she told me to give it back to her and tomorrow bring my own.

It's kind of odd for there to be a swimming pool here but it's an indoor so that's cool.

Long story short, our team won. ( A/N don't feel like writing it 😅)

"you should try our for the team!" Kayla tells me.

I met a few people during the game, more of them just telling me to keep it up since none of us wanted to take a shower in the stinky locker rooms, the winners get to go home for 30 minutes and take a shower, while the losers take it in the locker rooms.

"I didn't know there was one" I tell her.

"Oh there is, it's just small."she says.

"So is it just six players even?" I ask.

"Yep, but we really need a setter, our last one moved so we're one player short to compete" she says.

"I'll try out then!" It would be fun, I would meet new people, and most importantly I'll have something to do other than stare at the wall in my room.

* after school *

I've met lots of people, but I think Kayla and I are going to be really good friends.

I see Embry looking at me, so I glare at him and walk away.

"Carlie.." ugh can't he just give up.

"What? I have to get home" I tell him.

I feel like I'm being too harsh but whatever he started it, great now I sound like a 5 year old.

"I'm really sorry about what I told you the other day. I didn't mean it.. it's just I thought-" I cut him off

"Yeah, well you thought wrong, next time think about what you say" I tell him.

I walk away, leaving him in thought. " you're right can I make it up to you in any way?" He runs to me.

"Nope" I say.

"Oh come on.. how about I buy you food"he says.

Dang it, foods my weak spot. "Ugh fine"i tell him.

"Yes!" He shouts. Jeez he must really want to make it up to me.

"How about Friday at six?" He asks.

"Sure"

did I just agree to go on a date with him? Nah.

///////////////////

This chapter is more than 1,000 words so, please enjoy! I'll be posting more since I'm on Winter break. Vote, comment, and follow!

- 6 days till Christmas 🎄💓