Lost in the beginning

The human mind is truly the scariest thing of all.

But we will get to that....

Hold up you must be confused let's start back at the beginning.....

————————————

My names dale and the last thing I remember is running away like the coward I am. I couldn't stay there but the worse thing is that I left my baby sister, but she has to decide her own fate. I couldn't handle the pressure of everything so I ran. It was late and with no where to go so I crashed on a bench in the park - next thing I know I'm laying in a forest with 2 sleeping strangers. It would appear that I was the first to wake up, I did a check over of my self. I still had all my stuff so that's good but the weird this was I found a small neatly folded paper in my pocket with  the #3, deciding it's important I put it back in my pocket and evaluate the situation.

The 2 other kids appeared to be about my age, maybe older, not really sure... did I mention I'm 15 1/2?

anyway the first kid looked to be about 17, she had mid back reddish hair, and that's all I could tell from her sleeping figure, she wore dark jeans, with army green converse and a shirt that matched with a black jean jacket. The other kid seems to be about 15 also, he had short dark hair with bleached tips that kinda stuck up a little. He wore simple jeans and a long sleeved gray shirt. He also had thin square wire rimed glasses next to him.

Next thing I notice are 4 boxes next us. I was confused, 1 - what are they for and 2 - why are there 4 if there's 3 of us? As I sat there thinking the boy starts to stir snapping me out of my thoughts. When he opens his eyes I can tell he's confused. After he picked up the glasses that were next to him he seemed to finally notice me, as he looked at me expectingly for an explanation with bright blue eyes. "Sorry I got no clue to what's going on" I told him. He nodded but narrowed his eyes distrustfully.

We sat in silence for awhile till the girl started to wake up as well. "Ugh, what happened last night?" She muttered before sitting up squinting her green eyes at the morning sun right before noticing our presence. "What's going on?" She asked daring for someone to speak "just as clueless as you are" "hmmm" we all sat there in awkward silence waiting for something to happen, eventually I got bored, stood, and went over to the boxes. They were labeled numbers 1-4 and I remembered the slip of paper. I pulled out the slip of paper I found earlier and looked at it. My mind putting two and two together, I grabbed the box with the three and pulled out my grandpa's pocketknife and started to cut away the tape. I could feel two pairs of eyes watching me intensely and the air stiffen when I pulled the knife but felt it settle down a little when I put it away... not completely though.

I hesitated to open it as I sat on the mossy forest floor uneasy as to what I would find, it could be a severed head for all I know.
I finely steel myself with desperation to find out what's going on. You all know the expression yes? "Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back"? So I pull myself together and open the box. Inside was a burner phone with 9 other contacts in it as well as a text message from another phone number with what appeared to be coordinates and some other stuff that I decided to ignore for now. I put the phone aside and continued to shuffle through the box. Next I found a map and a constellation chart, I rolled my eyes in irritation upon seeing the chart - it was something my strict parents insisted (more like forced me) I learn to read. I found 2 extra pair if cloths and a hoodie - long sleeve and a tee shirt with sweatpants and shorts, some underwear, a simple blanket, 2 pairs of socks, an extra pair of shoes, an empty book bag, a watch, and a compass. It also contained a flash light with 12 extra battery's, a coordinate meter, a knife, a pistol with a small box of ammo, about 200 ft of Paracoard, string, a fishing lure and line, 3 cans of bug spray and sunscreen each, a trap set, a fire starter, a small tarp, food rations, 5 water bottles, and a simple med kit, At the bottom of the box I found a note book with 3 pencils, a pen and a sharpie, a few books witch i put to the side for now, and last I found a note.

I open it up and read the cursive writing.

Welcome to the game dale ~

You will serve as the guide in this little adventure as you have the proper skills. You will get the meals, prepare them and keep your team alive, and also lead them to the necessary locations, all that nonsense - but it's up to you who you trust
Keep me entertained..... as that is your reason for participating in the first place
Your mind intrigues me - you are different
I wonder how this will affect your performance
More information will come to light soon but keep an eye out for it will be easy to miss.
I will go easy as this is the first round.
Your first mission, Find the others
This will get interesting

- the Game Master

What the....... im so confused