first impressions

Here I am fresh out of college with a worthless degree thousands of dollars into debt going on a whim and applying for a job I heard about from the crazy kid in the Bioengineering department.  The BDRP?  He said it would be something I would be into, considering my vast knowledge on mythology and paranormal phenomenon.  He pulled a few strings and told me his uncle could get me in.  Long story short went in answered a few simple questions and boom got an ID and gave a time and moving date. They said I can live on the company's campus and that its pretty common for most agents.  They said My partner would be an Abe Sapian.  They said we'd get along perfectly, boy I hope that there right.  
Fast forward to now.  Today is my big moving day. Good bye crapy three room flat hello library side room!  Agent Myers has been helping me prepare for the move telling me what I should expect from this Abe fellow.  From what Myers says Abe loves reading, which is good so do I.  So he said we could talk about that for hours.  Abe's very smart and is good at reading emotions.  He'll help you through any problems you're having and is good at giving the advice you need to hear and not just making you feel better.  So far he sounds like a good person to be sort of roomies with.  Myers said that the library side room is a bedroom a bathroom and my own patio. 
~
Today is the day.  This girl is coming today.  I've spent all morning cleaning my tank and picking the perfect books to read today.  Myers told me all about her.  He told me she likes to read as well, and is very nice and said that she is excited to meet me.  I don't think I've had any one excited to meet me, let alone see me.  It dose put my mind in a fizzle but its an emotion I could get used to.  The everyday needs a little excitement.  I cleaned up the library too.  Since certain events happened here I had to change it up a bit for myself.  Looking out of my tank and seeing that  every day.  I just had to change it up a little bit.  Red even helped me give it a more homey feel... begrudgingly.  I hope she's not going to be scared of me, because she sounds lovely.
~
I pulled up to the BDRP ready to go and ready to face my new job.  Agent Myers meet me at the front gate waving me down to my parking spot. 
" Agent (L/N) good to see you.  Here let me help you get settled in."
Agent Myers grabbed a few of my larger bags and carried them into the front hall where we were immediately meet with a horrible shrieking sound.  He looked over nervously with a fake plastered on smile.
" you'll get used to that.  That's Jason he dose that some times.  We don't know why.  He an anthrotic alien from sector 59. But you'll meet him later so you'll get used to it, he tends to do that when he's shedding.... Any way lets get you settled in and introduced to Abe "

"So....Agent Myers.  Why do we have to say agent all the time? Why can't we be a little more informal? I mean not to be rude or anything"
" oh boy Abe will love you haha. Well you're new so i would stick with agent for everyone until you get to know them a little better especially with the red one.  He hates new...anything."
"Red o-?"
"Ah the elevator.  Lets go Agent (L/N) much to do. Much to do."
To be honest it was the most awkward elevator ride I've ever had in my entire life. I could swear i heard more screaming.  The bell dinged for us to get out and Myers cheerfully picked up my bags and flounder out of the elevator dare i say giddy.

"Well Agent (L/N)...welcome to you're new home."
~
I heard the elevator ding. She must be here.  I'm so excited to meet this human.  I haven't meet a new person in a long time.  Sometimes it gets lonely in this library by myself. 
"Well Agent (L/N) ... welcome to you're new home."
Oh boy here she comes!
 ~
I walk into the beautiful library.  My attention is immediately grabbed by the beautiful golden spiral staircase leading to even more books and a nook to read in.  The lighting was perfect.  A warm vanilla glow, not too bright but not too dim.  I saw three music stands with open books on them.  Curiosity will always be my muse, so i approached the books to look and see what they are.
" can you turn the pages please Madame?"
I jumped about a foot and looked around me.  But no one was there. 
"Oh um sure?  Wait.  You're not Agent Myers.  And Wait where are you."
"Oh no.  I'm not Agent Myers.  I'm Abe Sapien.  Agent Sapien. Blue. You're pick."
That's when i saw in the corner of my eye the giant fish tank in the corner something huge and blue was swimming in the glass.  I turned to face what this blue thing was and was dumbfounded to be face to face with what appears to be a fish man waving at me.  I couldn't help it a startled scream escaped my lips before i could comprehend what was going on.  This fish man put his peach and blue webbed hands on the glass and looked at me in what felt like my very soul.
" (F/N)  The (M/I) stands for (M/N). Born (B/D) in Buffalo New York.  Moved to Manhattan to attend school. You're hair was (H/C) before you dyed if (F/C) . And you regret getting a tattoo of the enterprise on the arch of you're foot one drunken night in 2011.  I know you didn't mean to scream either you were just startled I was behind you. People sneaking up behind you startles you due to a past traumatic event.  I apologize Ms. (L/N).  I am-"
"Abe Sapien.  Agent Abe Sapien."
"Or blue but its you're choice really."
"Well i guess I don't have to introduce myself now.  If you don't mind me asking and i hate being rude but right now I don't have the words to formulate this.  But what on earth is going on here and what sort of job did I sign myself up for?!"
" Well Ms. (L/N) the BDRP is a special units team designed to deal with paranormal and extra terrestrial disturbances world wide.  So this is why you're degree comes in handy.  Not too many people study paranormal, ancient mythology and hieroglyphics.  You'll be a very important asset to our team."
"Um....wow.  I need to-"
"Yes you do need to clear you're mind right now."
The blue fish man swam over to an edge of his tank and climbed down the ladder to be face to face with you.  He held out a hand to you.  Shewing Agent Myers with the other.
"Agent Myers thank you for you're services but ill show Ms (y/n) to her room she has a lot to think about. "
He looked concerned but knew the blue man could handle it.
"Alright Blue.  Let me know if you need me.....For anything."
He gave a respectful nod and turned his deep gaze back to you. 
"I understand being flustered here let me show you to you're room."
~
I know I shouldn't have offered my hand but I've never been more drawn to a human before in my life. Luckily this (h/c) angel accepted it.  The moment our hands touched i could hear everything.
" why am i giving him my hand we just meet.  How can a fish man be out of water and not have trouble breathing. I wonder where he's from. He is really kind though, I'm glad he's my roommate. Although he's technically not human he is very beautiful.  I wonder if there are more people like him?  I wounder how his love life is like being in a tank all the time. Would it be considered bestiality if he had sexual contact with a human?"
I could feel my face flush. But couldn't help but a little chuckle slip out.
"Is my bewilderment amusing Agent Sapien?"
"Oh no. Not at all.  I appreciate that you think I'm beautiful though. Most people upon first impressions call me "it" so its nice to here someone refer to me as a person that's a nice change of scenery." She left her hand in mine when we got to her room.
"Were you reading my mind Mr. Abe Sapien?"
"Perhaps I may have heard a few of you're thoughts."
"Interesting.  I've heard of telepathy but I've never encountered it before.......wait....how much did you "hear"" 
"Enough to know that youre very curious of my life style." Her face flushed.
"Curiosity killed the cat....and i guess first impressions too."  She chuckled.
"Not to worry Ms.(y/n)"
We walked further into her new room right across the hall from my tank.  We will be so close all the time and the thought of that made me happy.  I haven't had any constant company in a long time.  I mean besides Red barging in drunk like normal or Liz coming into complain about Red or ask me questions regarding her morality.