29

two months later...

ariana strolled down the streets of boca raton florida, taking in the last breaths of summer air. it was the beginning of august now and no, ariana still hasn't been in contact with justin. she wasn't sure why she made such a big deal out of it, but all she knew was that it affected her.

of course justin had been continuously messaging her after that day. even on her birthday he messaged her a long paragraph, wishing her a happy birthday. but she didn't pay no mind to it and she completely blocked him from her life.

the 7th of august. justin and his family were on a plane to boca raton. not for ariana purposes, but because boca had a great beach there and they've been to the ones in miami several times.

it was around 2pm when he arrived there, and ariana was now working her early afternoon shift at sephora. she loved makeup and beauty, but it was only a temporary job until she found something permanent in the fashion industry.

justin and his family arrived at their hotel and were unpacking their stuff. they were staying here for a week, and by 'they' i mean pattie, jeremy, jaxon and jazmyn. and of course justin.

"for goodness sake!" justin's mother, pattie, exclaimed loudly.
"what's wrong?" justin called out, now entering her room.
"i forgot to bring my makeup wipes and moisturiser. could you head over to the sephora we passed on the way here, and get me some?" pattie asked, but it sounded more like a command.

she handed justin a twenty dollar bill and shooed him away.
justin sighed, put on some grey sneakers to go with his grey tee and black shorts combo.

he took his phone, the hotel key and wallet and shoved them into his pockets, before leaving the hotel and heading in the direction of sephora.

"next customer please". her voice called out softly. justin was next in the line. he had already chosen some wipes and face cream for his mom to use, and was now ready to pay.
but there was something about that voice that he recognised.

it wasn't until he headed to the till that his eyes widen.
there she was.

ariana

ariana.