Author Note

Hello reader,

Before you start reading Mercury (The Pendulum Arts #1), I wanted to tell you a little bit about the project. First, and most importantly, this is the unedited draft version of the story. I'm posting this as I write it, partially as a writing exercise and partially as an experiment. As I'm new to Wattpad, I would like to see how readers respond to this story as it develops (and in general). So, you should expect to see a number of errors I missed when proofreading the chapters myself -- and feel free to point them out to me; I will fix them ASAP -- because this is an in-the-moment work and NOT a finished draft of the story.

Secondly, I intend to make this story free for download on most major ebook retailers sometime in the future (once I complete the final draft of the project, whenever that may be). Thus, I will appreciate any and all feedback on the story, including your opinion of the characters, world-building, plot, etc. I am open to any constructive criticism -- in fact, I'm looking forward to incorporating feedback gained from Wattpad readers into the final draft of Mercury.

Finally, I would like you to know that I am (surprisingly enough) a published author with a debut novel out and about on most major retailers. If you decide you like Mercury and want to read more of my longer sci-fi work, please check out Echoes, my debut novel, at www.therinknite.com. My second novel, Othella, will be out in late June. My third, Rivet Town, is tenatively scheduled for late fall.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading Mercury. (If not, don't be shy: tell me why. All feedback is appreciated.) This is my first major project on Wattpad, and I'm looking forward to your responses.

Sincerely,

Therin Knite

_____

Cover Info

Cover Design by Therin Knite

Cover Image by https://www.flickr.com/photos/rudolfgetel/

Cover Image licensed under https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Some modifications were made to the cover image for use in this non-commercial project.