cHAPTER 24 | ePILOGUE

cHAPTER 24 - Epilogue

Hunter Carpenter

"The medicine!" Will yells out. Almost on cue, all of the Apollo campers go running to the infirmary. I grab Elena's bag -which is resting against the tree- and I pull the rest of the gang toward the infirmary. I don't really know where I'm going, but I follow the crowd. We make it to a building and the people burst inside. I hand Elena's bag to Damion who reaches his hand inside and pulls out an ice shard. Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and Thalia run inside as well.

"We have the cure!" I yell out. Will snaps his head toward us. Damion gives him the ice shard, and Ivy and Mariah walk forward.

"The ice shard from Khione, Persephone's Goldenglow, and Ivy from Pan," Damion says.

"You'll need a sample of blood from both of them. Maybe just a prick, not a lot. Break off some of the ice shards and mix it with nectar. Then you have to inject it into the person." I say quickly.

"How do you know that?" Will asks. Then he shakes his head. "Nevermind that. I'll find out later. I trust you enough. I'll need you two ladies to come with me. Everyone else, stay outside the operating room. Your entrance is not permitted for now." He looks at the rest of us and closes the door. Nico bursts in. His face is sunken.

"They're in the operating room?" He asks in a hoarse voice. I nod. Everyone stands in silence. It isn't until I go to rub my eye that I realize I'm crying.

"You were B's uncle, right?" I ask Nico.

"Yeah." He falls into a chair and rubs his eyes.

"There are some things I need to tell you about her." I sit next to him, keeping my face down. "Her real name is Elena Beckendorf DiAngelo Sarent. She has a twin brother. His name is Brare, and he's in Argentina. Elena's brother is in Filkhorn's control, which is why he had all of those skeletons. He was stealing her brother's power."

"Her father's name was Beckendorf?" Nico sits there shocked.

"Why, do you know him?" Damion asks. "Was he a camper?"

"Charles Beckendorf." Percy walks toward us. "Went on a mission with me way back. I was one of the only survivors. He died."

"He's alive. I saw him with my own eyes." I insist. "Someone is going to find him and use him. He's in a coma where Elena used to live."

"No." Percy raises his voice. "I saw him die with my own eyes. He's gone."

"Percy." Bianca walks into the waiting room. "He's right." Percy falls into a chair, clenching his fists. "I have a lot of explaining to do, and it's about time I do." She also sits in a chair, and Annabeth, Grover, Thalia, and Damion sit down too.

"Me being a huntress for Artemis was not fake. I did die. But there was a prophecy that had to be fulfilled. The Fates did not see my death before it was too late. I stayed in the Underworld before Hades freed me when I was old enough. He told me about the prophecy, and that I had to fight. When he freed me, he accidentally freed another soul."

"Charles's soul." Percy mumbles.

"Yes. And my father forced us to stick together. I didn't love him as a husband, but as a brother, and when I went to fight Filkhorn, I left Elena with him to raise as his own. As for Brare, he was taken 2 days after he was born. I never saw him again." Bianca wiped a tear. "I've said some now, but too much has happened today. I need a break." She mumbles and walks out of the room.

"I can't believe he's alive," Annabeth says.

"Me neither." Grover and Thalia say at the same time.

"My sister has a lot of secrets," Nico says after a long time. "It's really late though. Hunter, you are welcome to stay in the Hades cabin for the time being."

"Thanks," I mumble. I shuffle out of the room, and Damion follows.

"Want me to walk you back?" He asks.

"Sure." We walk in silence until I say "I saw you jump off the ground. And your wings."

"Oh."

"It was really cool," I add. "I'm sorry about your brother."

"He was good," Damion says and we end the conversation. I can tell he doesn't want to talk, so I don't say anything else until we stop.

"Thanks," I say and I walk into the cabin that we stopped at.

"Anytime." We walk away.

***

That's it.

There's another book, but it probably won't be out anytime soon, sorry.

I don't write these chapters ahead of time. That's why the posts weren't very consistent. I have at least 1 more book planned out, but if I was a legitimate writer, I hope that this will be a 5 book series or a quintet. Thanks to everyone who read this. Love y'all.

QueenOfJacks 13