Explanations

Korra just tells the story of Aang and learns about their world essentially. Hella boring so skip if you want

------------------------------------------------------------

Korra sat silently leaning against a rock as she observed her newfound friends. She honestly liked them. They seemed like a nice bunch.

However, as great as their company was, she couldn't ignore her own predicament. The bender was still struggling to process the fact that she was indeed on a completely different planet.

How on Earth was she supposed to get home? She was the Avatar, she had duties to uphold. Being here would not help the matter, not at all.

Shaking her head with a sigh, Korra shoved those thoughts down for later contemplation and instead chose to laugh at the expense of Aragorn, who was struggling with igniting the campfire. Said Ranger cast the bender a weak but playful glare.

"Well, how about you try," the man huffed.

The bender chuckled lightly before getting up and walking over to the ranger, hand hovering slightly over the flint and steel which lay in his open hand.

Should she show them her fire bending? Was it wise to hide her abilities?

'No,' Korra rejected, internally shaking her head.

She needed to gain their trust, and hiding her abilities wouldn't be wise.

Instead of taking the flint and steel-like Aragorn expected her to, she instead patted his shoulder and smiled mysteriously at him.

He stared at her inquisitively.

Why she didn't take it?

"Don't need it," came her short response, making the Ranger jump slightly.

Had he said that out loud?

"Yes, you did. Now shush and watch," Korra chuckled.

With a simple flick of her wrists, a fireball ball shot out of her fist, the sudden appearance of a large fire, making everyone jump back, Aragorn the most. However, Korra didn't so much as flinch at the sudden appearance of flames, much to the shocked Ranger's surprise.

Everyone's gaze settled on the strange girl, who had failed in containing a large grin that spread on her face, and found themselves stunned at her amazing hidden talent.

"H-how, how did you do that? You're a witch?" Boromir managed to choke out first, much to Korra's amusement.

This question caused her to grin even wider.

"No, I'm not a witch. I was fire-bending," the Avatar responded calmly.

"Fire-bending? What's that?" Pippin asked, his large doe eyes lit with excitement.

Everyone knew it was just a matter of time before he would ask a question, but this time they couldn't blame him, they were all curious about what 'fire-bending' was.

"Well, it's as simple as it sounds. Fire-bending is where you can control fire and create it. Only fire-benders can control this element, and as you've seen, I'm a fire-bender," Korra shrugged as if fire bending was the most normal thing in the world.

At that moment, the Fellowship was very glad that Korra had been on their side.

'If this girl can create fire, then what is she truly capable of?' Everyone seemed to think in unison.

"I'll tell you more about my world later, but first you've got to tell me of this world," Korra negotiated, invoking grins all round.

And so the story began, of Sauron, the One Ring, orcs, and everyone put in their own descriptions of their people and where they were from.