Avalanches And Heavy Hobbits

Sup! Sorry guys but this is another short chapter, but to be fair I just did it last night in between watching a movie. Anyways, I have 67 views now. YAY! That may not sound like much to you but it's lots to me. Sorry if there are any grammar or vocabulary mistakes. I tend to do that a lot. Especially with the grammar. Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two whole days since Merry and Pippin's little scam, and the weather had only gotten worse. 

The snow was so deep that Frodo was carried by Aragorn, Sam by Boromir, and Merry and Pippin, despite their constant protests, were carried by Korra. 

How she could even walk with the two very heavy and very embarrassed Hobbits was beyond the others.

Boromir was going to carry Frodo at first, but ever since the incident when the Ring put Boromir into some sort of trance, the Ring-bearer was reluctant to go anywhere near him. 

Meanwhile, Gimli absolutely refused to be carried by anyone.

"Dwarves are natural mountain climbers," he would say.

Legolas, of course, was able to walk on the snow as if he weighed as much as a feather. It took all of Korra's will power to not trip him. 

Regardless of how many times the Avatar offered to make a clear a path or to create a dome around them to stop the snow from hitting them (A/N: Just think of what Katara did just before she was going to kill the man who killed her mother), Gandalf would always wave her off, saying, "You must save your strength. You're already carrying two hobbits."

While the rest of the Fellowship laboured onwards, Legolas started to run ahead before stopping a couple of metres in front of them. 

Korra looked up to see what the Elf was doing. His ears twitched slightly before he turned around quickly with a panicked expression on his face.

"There is a fell voice in the air!" the Elf shouted.

Gandalf's head immediately shot up.

"It is Saruman!" the wizard yelled over the wind.

Large boulders fell from the mountain top. 

Korra managed to stop them mid-air, the weight of them forcing her on one knee. 

Merry and Pippin were quick to get off of her back.

"He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf, we must turn back!" Aragorn urged.

The Istari shook his head and shouted back, "No! We must continue!" 

The mountain shook violently, causing more boulders to fall. 

The Avatar groaned under the added weight.

"These boulders aren't getting any lighter, you know?! So, whatever you're thinking of doing, you better do it quickly!" Korra strained to say.

Gandalf ignored her and the others and stepped near the edge with a determined look on his face. He began to chant something in elvish, trying to overpower Saruman. 

However, the wizard's chanting was, drowned out by another voice, and lightning struck the side of the mountain, causing an avalanche. 

After throwing the boulders over the side of the mountain, Korra managed to create a makeshift tent made of earth to protect everyone from getting buried. 

After a few long seconds, the young woman let the earthen tent fall down and placed her hands on her knees, puffing loudly.

"Thank you," Gandalf said, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She waved a dismissive hand, responding with a quick, "No problem."

"We must get off this mountain! We make for the Gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!" Boromir called out to everyone.

"No! That route takes us too close to Isengard!" Aragorn shot down his idea almost instantly.

"Well then. If we cannot pass over this damned mountain, let us go under it!" Gimli spoke up with a firm voice. He paused and looked at the elderly wizard. "Let us pass through the Mines of Moria!"

Korra noted that a doubtful look crossed the Istari's face and the fearful one that crossed the Ranger's. 

She tilted her head in a confused manner.

'What can be in these mines that would scare even Aragorn and Gandalf?' she wondered.

"Let the Ring-bearer decide," the old man said gravely.

"We cannot stay here! It'll be the death of the hobbits!" the Gondorian called out to the wizard with an incredulous tone.

Choosing to ignore the indignant man, Gandalf stared at the ring bearer and said, "Frodo?"

The Hobbit looked around with an unsure look on his face.

After a moment, he finally answered, "We go through the mines."

The aged man let out a long breath and nodded his head.

"So be it," was the wizard's short reply.

While they all trudged back down the mountain, Korra couldn't shake the feeling that something bad would happen in Moria... and that Gandalf knew it too.