Chapter 1 - 1st Year: Voice Of An Angel

July 30, 2017

"Hey (L/N), wanna go to the mall?"

"Yeah, sure! Let me see how much money I got though," (L/N) said as he slipped his hands into his pockets and with panic and desperation in his voice, he said, "Oh crap!" He proceeded to pat down every inch of his body in the hopes of finding his wallet. "No no no no no. This is bad. This is really bad"

"What's wrong?" His friend asked with curiosity in his voice.

"I think I left my wallet back in the classroom. Can you wait for me? I'll be back in like 2 seconds," (L/N) said nervously laughing.

"Sure, I got heaps of time."

In an instant (L/N) dashed through the hallways and ran up the stairs, if he ran any faster he would be leaving an after image.

As he nears his classroom he starts to walk while panting heavily. He stops by the door to catch his breath before entering. It was then he heard an Angel's voice coming from the pink haired girl known as Megurine Luka.

All credits to Bricie. Check her out, she is amazing!

After she finished singing, (L/N) stood there amazed and in disbelief. He never knew that Megurine had a voice like that. He stared at the pink haired beauty utterly shocked, she was always known to be the quiet and shy one in class so he didn't know how to respond when he heard her voice. After staring for what felt like an eternity his phone received a text message.

"Yo, my mum told me I have to go home, can't go to the mall, sorry"

"Who's there?" Megurine asked.

"Uhh... hey, what's up?" (L/N) responded acting as if he didn't hear her singing, "I'm just gonna get my wallet."

"Did you hear anything?" Megurine asked embarrassed.

"Not much really, I did hear an Angel's voice earlier though!" (L/N) teased. Megurine blushed and looked at the ground with full of embarrassment. (L/N) noticed this and panicked thinking that he made her sad. "It was really good singing, I loved every single part of it, your voice was outstanding, I mean like I would kill to have that kind of voice," (L/N) said in a rush hoping that it will make her feel better. At this point she was redder than a tomato, the redness on her face challenged the devil's face. After a minute of awkward silence, Megurine mumbled, "It wasn't that good."

"What!?!" (L/N) yelled, "What do you mean 'wasn't that good'? You were astonishing. Stop wallowing in self-pity and doubt!" Megurine flinched at his yelling scaring her a bit. "Do you really think I was that good?" She asked nervously.

"Good is an understatement. Your voice was outstanding. Astonishing. Divine. Angels will fall from The Heavens to hear you sing," (L/N) said with excitement as he spun around with his hands flailing around his body like a ballerina. Megurine giggled at his little performance and said calmly, "Thanks, that means a lot to me." (L/N) stopped spinning around and looked at her light blue eyes, "You should totally join the music club with me! It will be amazing to have a singer like you in it!" Megurine looked up in shock, she was surprised that he would want her to be in the Music club, "Are you sure? What if they reject me?" (L/N) faked a sigh loud enough for her to hear, "Why would they reject someone like you? You have an amazing voice!"

"I'm still not sure if I should join," Megurine said holding her arm, "I mean -" She was cut off by (L/N) dropping down to both his knees with his palms together, "Please join, please please please. I beg you. If you don't join I'll never forgive you forever," he said while fake crying. Megurine laughed at his act, this gave him a smile that reached his ears. "The club is having an after-school club activity so it would be perfect to go tomorrow. I'll bring you there with me." He squealed with excitement. "I'll think about it." She said reluctantly, on one hand, she didn't want to go because she was extremely shy and nervous but on the other hand, she wanted to go because she wanted to see the boy's smile again.

"Tomorrow is gonna be great trust me!" (L/N) said jumping to the door with happiness and before he left he exclaimed, "trust me they will definitely let you in! You sound amazing!"

After he left, Megurine Luka saw that he left his wallet on his desk forgetting to take it home. She walks over to pick up the wallet and opened it to see his school ID card. "(L/N) (Y/N). Thank you." She places the wallet into her bag to give it to him tomorrow. She looked out the window straight into the sunset.

"Do I really have the Voice Of An Angel?"

This is a re-publish of my first book I wrote last year in late December. I discontinued it for a personal matter but I'm glad to bring it back.