Chapter 3 - 1st Year: Graduation Part 1

Months have passed since Megurine decided to join the music club with (L/N). Their friendship started as a small candle fire is now ignited to a fire hotter than the depths of hell. Throughout the year, (L/N) has constantly encouraged her to sing and practise during any club activities. With the constant bickering by (L/N) , Megurine gradually gained confidence over the several months. Now it's finally coming to the end of the year; the 3rd years are now graduating, Megurine and (L/N) will soon be in their second year of high school.

It was after school and (L/N), Megurine and other members of the music club are now resting in the club room. Then came in the club president with some pleasant news. "Hey, everyone! Can I please have your attention?" She said while staring at the pink haired girl and her best friend talking, "oi! Lovebirds, I have some good news."

"We're not dating!" The two yelled in perfect unison. Giggles from the club members were heard as the two hid their tomato-like faces.

"Totally not dating," the club president said sarcastically, "well, anyway, I have some good news for you all, as you may know, my graduation is happening in a week and for the graduation ceremony, we're gonna need some live music, this is where this music club comes to play!" She said squealing and jumping around with anticipation. "As the club president, I expect an A-game performance from you guys and I think we should have Megurine as the lead singer since she's literally the only singer in the club and she's amazing!" After the club president left the room, everyone agreed to the idea of having Megurine as the lead singer and talked about what songs to play for the graduation. However, there was one person opposed to this idea, she just couldn't grasp the idea of singing to a large audience; parents, teachers and students alike. She was lost in thought, thinking of all the possible outcomes, thinking of ways she can embarrass herself and thinking of ways to get out of the situation. She was having a nervous breakdown until she felt a hand on her shoulder, "worried? Don't be, it's going to be alright." She looks over her shoulders and saw the boy giving a comforting smile. She felt at ease when he said that but she was still a nervous wreck, she was still worried about the performance. "Come on, you sing in front of the music club all the time. There's not going to be a single problem and you will have me and the rest of us on stage with you," (L/N) said with his softest voice. It was at this point where Megurine couldn't take it anymore, "What would you know? What makes you think that I'm going to be okay with this situation? You already know that I have an issue with singing in front of people, so what makes you think I will be able to do it now?" Megurine yelled at (L/N) and burst into tears. All that was heard was the sound of silence, then she instantly ran out of the room hiding her tears behind her hands.

(L/N) stared at the door, he felt something so unfamiliar that he couldn't describe it. Was it sadness? It was new to him, he felt like his heart has shattered into a million pieces. She yelled at him many times before but for some reason, this pained him the most. She yelled at him many times before this, but it was mainly for teasing or playing around but this time, it was filled emotions. He could hear the anger and misery in her voice. The members were starting to get worried until one of Megurine's friend slapped his back to snap him back to reality. He winced in pain and turned around to Megurine's friend with worried written all over her face but despite this, she kept a smile, it was the same smile that (L/N) gave Megurine when she was having a nervous breakdown. "We can't have her run off like that, right? She needs someone to talk to and you're the only one that can play that role, you're her closest friend let her open up to you, hear what she has to say before you make any stupid comments. Now, go, she needs you right now."

"Thank you, Inoue," he said before chasing after Megurine.

He ran around the entire school to look for her but came to zero results. Her house was too far away so he couldn't run to her house even though he wanted too. Although he couldn't find her, he didn't lose hope, he was filled with determination. All (L/N) wanted was to settle things and make things right again. He didn't want to lose his best friend so he went out and looked through all the classrooms. Again, nothing, she wasn't anywhere. As the last resort, he went to the rooftop. He opens the door that leads to the roof and saw the silhouette of the pink haired beauty. He slowly walks up to her before stopping a few feet away from her.