TWO: Secret Business

Digory came to the place where his father told him (which is at the side part of the center where car drivers wait there to fetch their families). Digory quickly got inside of the car. “What happened dad? Are we in a hurry?”

          “How was your book search son?” his father began making Digory think that he changed the topic which was true.

          “It was awesome dad! I bought two books cause these are the only copies I need, also I saw my friends Trix and Grace at the second bookstore. We did book search there and talked of course. We also had some time together after we bought books. It was really awesome to be with them.”

          “Glad I am that you’ve enjoyed your first day of what we call “book hunting” and the thing that you saw your friends pleases me.” There came a little pause after that until...

          “Aren’t we going to get something for mum?”      

          “I already did. I bought her a cake. Her favourite one (smiles).” After that, his father began to drive again.

          “So dad...”

          “Yes Digory?”

          “Where were you when I was with my friends?”

          “Like I’ve told you son, it’s....”

          But Digory interrupted “Are you seeing other girls dad?!”

          His father was a little surprised by that question of Digory but he laughed and answered a simple “No.”

          “Then where were you?” Digory’s father wanted to change the topic but then he opened the player at the car and inserted a disc.

          “The song?”

          “Yes son, like what I’ve told you, I will buy a copy of it and this is their album which is the best compilation of their songs.” Both smiled at each other and the song continued to play which soothes them and after an hour drive, they finally reached home.