Chapter 7

Still Daniel's pov

... What happened next was unbelievable.

Everyone was looking around as the light traveled from Alex into the ground and then made its way into everything around us. Trees were swaying and glowing. The grass was pulsing and you can feel her connecting to everything in the air.

We heard twigs snap and leave shuffle and we all look into the tree line around us. There was a huge white elk with a magnificent horns or shall I say rack. And it was staring directly at Alex. And gracefully made its way towards her and layed down next to her. Not a single one of us dared to stop it. Soon it was followed by some other animals of the forest and mountains.

From the smallest of rabbits and foxes to huge mountain lion and bears. The settled themselves around Alex and the smaller creatures snuggled her sides. Whenever anyone of us were to step forward we were stopped by growling, roaring and hissing. They formed a protective barrier around Alex and didn't move at all.

Minutes turned to hours and I didn't dare leave her side. And finally all the animals stood and their eyes glowed bright blue and filled the air with their songs.

And just like that Alex jumped up. The vines peeled away from her and the glow dimmed from all around returning to her. And with that she looked normal. But she felt different. Like she is even more connected to us. My wolf Fletcher feels way connected to her but not in a mate way but just connected.

It looks like everyone feels it. Next thing I know I'm flat on my back with the air knock out of me.

Alex's pov

I'm rushing through the trees with the wind in my fur. Well not my fur but the fur of a fox that I'm seeing through the eyes of. I've been switching from creature to creature. Seeing and experiencing what they do day to day. It's beautiful. I can feel their energy and the connection with their mind and spirits.

After what felt just mere minutes was actually hours and I can feel myself switching to another animal. This one was a beautiful white elk. And through it's eyes... 'Wait is that me?' I asked myself. 'Indeed child that is you on the ground.'

'Okaay? That wasn't me or any of the voices in my head. Meaning my inner beasts. So. To whom am I speaking to?' I asked out. 'My name is Statoan and I am one of the keepers of the forest. I came to watch over your body as you finish your journey connecting with the forest and the creatures in it.' the gorgeous white elk, Statoan said. 'I thank you and the rest for watching over me in my unconscious state. I am honored to be worthy of the concern of a creature as magnificent as you, Statoan.' I say with immense gratitude. 'Hmm. I'm flattered by your compliments my queen but I am just a keeper. Nothing worth your high praise.' Statoan said and it made me sad.

'So as keeper what is it that you do? Are you ever in any danger?' I ask the last thing with much urgency. I would be devastated to find Statoan in danger. 'My queen I roam through these trees keeping eyes on all and assure the forest is not in danger. As for my self. Yes. This form can die but I will be reborn in another for as long as this forest stands.' Statoan states with pride in his voice and head held high. This reassured me that I will be able to see Statoan again. 'I will see again, won't I?' I asked hopefully. I hear him laugh. 'My queen I will always be there when you request me. Night or day.' Statoan says and I smile 'Great. I think we are gonna be good friends Statoan.' 'My queen. It would be the highest honor to be friends with you.' He says bowing his head.