7

"Good Mimi good. You're doing really well for your first week."

"Thanks Auntie Alex." Naomi smiles, landing on the floor. "Auntie Alex can I ask you something?"

"Sure kiddo. What do you need?"

"Why is Mama being sad? Isn't she happy Daddy is home?"

Alex lets out a deep breath and figures out how to tell her niece all that has happened today. After a few minutes of silence, she takes a seat on the couch and signals for Naomi to join. Following, Naomi walks over to her aunt and takes a seat in her lap.

"Your Mama is just having a hard time adjusting to your Daddy being back."

"But why? I thought that's what she wanted."

"It is... look Mimi... while your Daddy was away, a lot of things happened. He's changed and your Mama isn't used to the new him yet." Alex briefly explains. "It's complicated but there's one thing I know for sure. Both your Mama and Daddy love you regardless of what they're going through. You're the most important thing to them."

"Okay... I just don't like it when Mama's sad."

"I know kiddo. Neither do I. Bye kiddo. I'll see you tomorrow I love you." Alex replies.

"Bye Auntie Alex. I love you too."

"Hey, you know what, why don't you fly out? Show everyone what you learned today."

Naomi gathers all her energy and focuses on levitating. Within seconds she's off the floor and slowly flies out of the room. The more she flies, the faster she starts to go. She flies into headquarters and stops when she sees her parents.

"Daddy! Mama! Look I'm flying. I'm flying." Naomi squeals.

"Wowww baby you're getting really good." Kara smiles.

"Yeah Mimi. Alex taught you well." Mon-el adds.

"Alex showed me how to zoom really fast. You want to see?" Naomi beams, landing into her father's arms.

"Yeah Mimi I'd-"

"Mon-El?!" The teenager shouts. Sighing with relief, Mon-el runs over to her and groups her into a giant hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay. You scared the hell out of me. I thought I almost lost you too." Mon-el whispers.

"I know." The girl replies.

Kara and Naomi stand behind Mon-el as they watch the interaction. What the hell is going on?

"Kara, Naomi this is Shaylee Ardeen, my daughter."

Kara looks at her boyfriend with tears starting to well up in her eyes. When she helped him save this girl, she had no idea who she was. Never in a million years would she have guessed it was his daughter.

He has a completely different family. Did he not love her and Naomi anymore? Were they not enough for him? "My daughter." The words ring in her mind on repeat and she gets a set of chills every time. An awkward silence surfaces and Shaylee bends down to Naomi, grouping her into a hug.

"Hi you must be Naomi. You know your Dad has told me so much about you. You're even cuter in person." Shaylee smiles.

"Thank you."