Chapter 3

This one's so short, I can't even apologise for it. 

Chapter 3

Loreza had a bad dream again, Rosie thought as she shot up in bed, the soft whimpering cries of Loreza sitting just outside the door. Rosie stood, quickening her pace to the door where she threw it open, her eyes landing on the small girl. Loreza was nestled within a shift, hair falling across her legs as she buried herself away. Rosie softened, kneeling down beside her. "Lolly?" She called, brushing at the dark strands that hid the small girl from the world. Loreza didn't move, her sobs wracking through her body as Rosie could only comfort her. "Lolly, you have to talk to me if I need to make it better." She cooed again, Loreza's tight ball cracking.

The small girl launched at Rosie, tucking herself around her body as Rosie gripped her tight, lulling her gently. "I can't stop dreaming about daddy; I miss him." She cried, another sob rippling from her lips. Rosie nodded, glancing to the ceiling at the mere mention of her husband and Loreza's father.

"I know baby, I understand." She whispered before keeping the girl tight in her arms and carrying her into the room, shutting the door tight. "You can stay with me tonight, see if that eases some of the pain." She softened again, before walking over to the bed and settling them in, Loreza still gripping onto her chest tightly, refusing to let go. Rosie wrapped the blankets around them tight, brushing away at the dark strands that had tangled into her own. She was going to protect her now, she had too; there was no one else that would ease the frantic cries of her husband's child, not even Loreza's own mother. "Stay as long as you need to Loreza, I'll always be there for you." She whispered softly, letting her hand ran across her shoulder.

"I want him back." Loreza cried, breathing in the mixture of Rosie's comforting vanilla, and the citrus infused blankets. Their hearts ached in harmony as they thought on the tall man that affected so many, his colourful personality missing - like the sun from the sky. She didn't know if she continue to do this, manage the grief that had rooted itself inside of her while remaining strong willed for everyone else. The night had always been the worst, drawing on the pain that seemed to echo within her frame as her mind finally stilled, demons ready to grip her tight. Rosie wasn't the only one who suffered, many of Oberyn's girls stifled their sobs deep in the darkness of the night. It was Loreza, the youngest, that struggled with handling it all. She had barely even reached her sixth birthday and she'd already dealt with too much for a small child to handle.

Loreza's breathing deepened as she clung to the small woman that held a protective embrace around her, her heart finally resting as the loneliness and pain subsided. Rose closed her own eyes, willing her mind to free her from the anger and misery that had plagued her since his demise. She couldn't stand still forever, she couldn't idly let the world pass her by, she needed to act within it. Rosie had to let it fuel her, to finally get rid of the lions that sat upon the Throne like gods.

She couldn't let her family get hurt, she had to send them somewhere safe - perhaps away from Westeros where they couldn't get hurt. The small girl shuffled in bed, cocooning the younger girl. Rosie sighed, her mind too much of a live wire to sleep. She had to think of possibilities, ways to gain the upperhand against Cersei and Tommen.