Chapter 3

"Do I get pizza or a salad? Milk or water? I need to make a good first impression on Lauren...Wait... uh why do I care?!"

"Camila hello?" Dinah says as she nudges my shoulder.

"OH yeah hi!!" I say trying to put my attention back onto Dinah.

We were waiting in line and I was trying to figure out the best food combination for Lauren.. I mean cause I want to be her bestie yeah..

"You're really acting weird lately... is everything okay?"

And for a split second I almost spilled everything to Dinah. My life was so confusing and I just needed to talk to someone to hear their thoughts. Now wasn't the time though.

"I'm okay! Just running over some definitions for my test later! Hey how does my hair look?"

"Uhh it looks great.. since when do you care how you look?" Dinah laughs as she spoke

"Ya know.. uh gotta dress for success on this test!" I try to cover myself up.

"Dress? You asked about your hair!" Dinah is starting to look annoyed at this point.

"Oh yes! I'll take a piece of pepperoni pizza and side salad please." I say to the lunch lady.
"A salad?! Even if it's just a side salad, this is getting weird!" Dinah says.

Dinah knows me all too well I was beginning to realize. I'm just gonna let her figure this whole thing out on her own.

I finally get to the table and I high key just want to set my jacket on the seat next to me so that I could save the spot for Lauren but... that would just be way to obvious!

All 4 of the girls sit down. Ally on one side of me and Normani on the other. None of the girls know that I'm waiting for a special someone to sit down with us. That in turns means that there's no open areas for Lauren to sit. I keep quiet and just hope for the best...

We all eat and talk for a bit when suddenly I look up with crust hanging out of my mouth.

I swear I almost spit it everywhere, but I remained calm and continued to chew.

"Oh hi Lauren!" Ally said.

"Hi," Lauren replied shyly.

Why would someone that looked like that be shy?!?

Lauren looks at the table, trying to figure out where to sit. 

Of course Ally being Ally moves over so that Lauren can sit down.  And of course that spot is right next to me.

I can feel my face getting hot, but I just continue stuffing pizza in my face because I have no idea what else to do.

Lauren sits down and part of her leg touches mine, and I feel butterflies. 

Well this is new...

This is only the first of them that I would feel throughout that lunch period.