CHAPTER 2

MAX...

I quickly zipped up the zipper of my swimming skirt and tied my hair into a ponytail. The whole beach has been looking forward to this night since Shannelle told me that a guy named Max Vanderbilt was coming. I really didn't know who max was but I'm sure I've heard his last name from both my parents.

I'm really happy the boss gave us permission to join the party without doing anything. I walked out of the dressing room to see Shannelle waiting for me.

"Don't worry. Just gimme a minute to change."she said.
"Take all the time you need."

I walked out the building to the beach where music was already playing. I didn't realize how much time had passed cus the beach was almost full. I Sat down by the corner of the beach,under one of the palm trees waiting for Shannelle.

"Roxy!" I heard her call out.
"Over here."I waved her.
"There you are. I've been looking for you,come on its about to start. Both of us ran down to the party. I popped my head to see why everyone was screaming. It was a guy. A very hot guy. He had his arm around the waist of a red haired.

"Isn't he dreamy?" She asked like a love sick puppy.
"Who's he?"I asked.
"That my friend is Max Vanderbilt."

Max Vanderbilt. He's definitely not someone I know nor so I care. But one thing's for sure, he's definitely a sight for sore eyes.

The beach was almost empty. I closed the novel I was reading when Gab caught my attention.
"I've locked up Roxy.see ya."
"Goodnight".I said.And he was gone.

I decided to call mum to tell her I'd be a bit late.

"Be back before midnight."she said.
"Kay."I said hanging up.

I stood up and stretched a bit before walking towards the ocean. I took a dive,just to feel the cool water against my skin. But it didn't go as planned. My swimming top came off,leaving me half naked under the water. I could feel my cheeks heating up immediately.What the fuck?! What am I gonna do? Suddenly someone else dived into the water making more water splash on me. Now I'm really in trouble. It was a guy and apparently he had not noticed my top,which I was trying desperately to find

"What the hell?" I heard him cuss
HOLY!! Its max fucking Vanderbilt.

He was holding my top,studying it like a freaking textbook.

"That's mine. Give it back".I said but frankly didn't know when the words left my mouth

He turned back to look at me. OH MY! Take a look at that torso.
"Why hello there gorgeous. Looks like you need a hand." He said smirking after noticing my state.

I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously. If I needed a hand,i could have asked for it. But fortunately,i've got hands. The irony is what I need are in your hands." I said.
"Oh this?" He asked looking at it again
"Don't play dum and give it back." I said raising my voice.

"Ahh. Feisty aren't we?"he said grinning.
I'm so gonna wipe that smile of his face.

"Give.It. Back."I said.Again
"Fine.Fine. Only because you asked nicely." He said,tossing it.

I caught it,took a breath before going back under water to wear it again.

I came back to the surface. I looked up to see him stretching his hand.

"Guess you need a hand now?"
"What a gentleman." I said sarcastically before taking his hand.

He pulled me out very fast making me crash against his chest. I looked into his eye. As green as Jade. I felt his hand going dangerously low down my back before I pushed him away. That was worse because his eyes travelled up and down my body. What an arse.

"Did anyone ever tell you, you have a killer body." He said with a smirk.
"Thanks for the compliment you dimwit. Now if you don't mind I'm going." I said grabbing my towel,t-shirt, and bag.
"Wait! I have to ask you something."
"Whatever it is, I doubt it's important." I said.
And with that I got in my car and drove home.