Chapter 1 - Home

Before we begin, don't forget to follow my wattpad account to know exactly when the chapters come out ❤️ @EliahGreenwood

* * *

Staring at the boarding pass Haze held in his hand, I couldn't speak. Not even a word, a sound. Nada.

I couldn't seem to find the words to say. A wave of joy washed over me. He had a smile plastered on his annoyingly perfect face.

"W-What? Are you serious?" Tears came rolling down my face before I could stop them. It felt like time had stopped.

As different flight departures were being called in the intercom, I found myself replaying his sentence in my head: I'm going home.

"You're actually coming with me?" I almost choked on my tears like a total idiot, overwhelmed by this sudden burst of happiness.

His infatuating white and straight smile made it impossible for me to know weither or not he was serious. In the middle of the frantic crowd, I stood still, my mind racing.

"If this is a joke, I swear to god you're not having children," I said, terrified that he was messing with me.

He stepped closer, smiling.

"Home is where you are, Winter Kingston." His piercing blue eyes met mine.

How cute.

"Even if home is freaking cold and covered in snow 365 days a year." He smirked.

Of course, he just had to say that and ruin the cute sentence.

I cringed at the awful stereotype that came out of his mouth.

"Yeah and we also eat maple syrup everyday and ride polar bears."

The sarcasm in my voice instantly seemed to amuse him.

"Really? That's great. I can't wait until we move into our first igloo."

He opened his muscular arms in my intention, smiling.

"Jerk." I shook my head and walked straight into his open arms. He immediately pulled me closer, holding me tight. We could hear the people in line sighing but I honestly didn't care one bit. Burrying his face into my neck, he gently placed a kiss on my skin, making me shiver.

"Prude," Haze's words came out in a whisper.

My heart fluttered. This would never change. The desk lady brought us back to reality, telling us we were taking too long and slowing down the line. Haze proceeded to pay for his very expensive ticket. Like it was nothing.

So many questions were spinning around in my head. He couldn't really leave just like that, could he? All of his belongings were back at his apartment. He wasn't seriously going to leave it all behind.

Like he was reading my worried mind, he reached for my hand and captured it in his to reassure me. I looked deeply into his eyes. I had absolutely no idea what to expect.

But somehow, I knew everything was going to be okay.

Because Haze was coming with me.

* * *

"How much longer?" My cry baby of a boyfriend desperately whined. We had been flying for about 2 hours, which resulted in Haze shifting in his seat like a hyper two year old.

"What's wrong, Adams? Not used to flying in economy class?" I teased.

"I swear I've been sitting here for 43 years. I'm bored out of my mind," He completely ignored my sentence, pouting. I smiled at how childish he was.