I

It all started with a break. Well, it actually started with a couple of breaks, a break of a friendship, a break of an arm, and lastly... lastly was the break of reality.
Now dear reader do not get confused, I am only writing of what I know. If you would like to know what I have to say, keep reading. But for your precious life, do not look. Do not wait. Do not listen. Just read on, and if it scares you... stand your ground.
I was young when it happened, just a little quarrel with my good friend. A friend of mine that I wouldn't do anything in the world to give up, anything except defend my pride. Yes it was my pride that broke our friendship, and it was because of me that I never saw them again.
I was on my way walking home, of course I had always been a feisty thing, but I knew that this was more then just losing my temper.
It was a cold and icy day, barely snowing, the roads covered in ice and slush. Normally I would be extremely cautious in these conditions, being aware of my surroundings. Yet this day was not a normal day. I was mad. Mad at myself, mad at my friend, mad at the world. And my feet fell heavy on the ground.
That was when it hit me. It hit me so hard that I slipped on the ice, and fell sideways, off the road and into the ditch. A deep pain shot through my arm, I knew that my arm was broken. Simply from the nausea that flew right to me as I rolled around in agony. It took me some time to get up, and even in my broken arm, I had calmed. The question of what hit me was now on my mind. I had seen it, barely. The color red, it was red. That's all I knew, what color it was, I looked around me. I could hear something coming from the road. I waited, and I listened. That was my first mistake. If I could Go back, I would have run as far away as possible. Never even going to that spot ever again. But that was before I knew, and I didn't know what I should and should not do. That leads to my last mistake, the final one that set my fate. I looked. I looked and I saw.
It was a bird, at the time the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. With red feathers lined with gold, it's beak like steal, and eyes of glass. Despite my arm, I climbed out of the ditch, and looked on. It was hurt, I could tell that much, for it was whimpering. I reached my hand forward to touch the creature. And as my fingers barely brushed the tips of the feathers, everything went dark.
And that was when reality broke.

To those who still have an ear to listen, and an eye to read.

The first letter.