Chapter 15: Frostbite

Ava's POV
The next day at school, Justin came up to my locker. "Hey babe." He kissed me. "I'm throwing a party tonight to kind of take our minds off..." he paused. "You know."
"Ok I'll be there," I said. School passed by quickly and it was time for the party. I had been to Justin's house plenty of times, and his was just as beautiful as Chelseas, same beautiful mountain top view. When I got to the house party, they were the same as usual. I spotted Carter talking to someone. I walked a little closer to see that it was Tara. She was wearing an adorable skin tight, satin blue dress with hoop earrings. She looked perfect, which kind of made me sad. I had never realized I had actually liked Carter until I realized he liked someone else. I always kind of knew Carter liked me, but I never really took it seriously because I was after the jocks, like Justin. I never realize how Carters hair looked so sexy pushed back. Pretty sure that's what Tara said to him, because he laughed his cute little chuckle. They caught sight of me and waved. I put on a fake smile and walked over.
"Hi guys!" I said.
"Hi, Ava!" Tara said hugging me.
Carter waved and hugged me too. We went to sit where us preps sit. "
"Is Sabrina coming?" Carter asked.
"Sabrina said Chris was taking her out to eat."
"Of course."
Lanie came and sat beside us.
"If only Camilla were here, she'd always dance so crazy and was the life of the party," Lanie said.
We smiled a weary smile. Tara and I were sitting in the opposite sides of Carter.
Tara leaned across him to me.
"Carter and I are dating now! Isn't that great?" She said in her soft voice. My heart dropped to the floor. I started feel as if I got punched really hard in the stomach. I had to leave before I started crying.
"Yeah sure is," I stuttered, "I'm going to go find Justin."
I got up, but my legs were weak so it was more of a stumble. Tears stung my eyes. Is this how Carter felt the night he tried to kiss me? I looked around the whirling scene; Justin was nowhere to be found. I got a weird feeling in my stomach. "Is better just go home," I thought. I started to walk outside but a flash of silver caught my eye. It was a car, the silver Lexus Chelsea had gotten replaced since Knox wrecked her old one. I stomped back inside and through the hallway, I was not surprised to see Justin making out with Chelsea in a bedroom.
"My how the tables have turned," Chelsea said smiling when she looked at me.
"Sorry Ava, I was just simply getting bored of you," Justin said shrugging.
I didn't think my heart could actually break anymore, but it just did. Tears slid  down my cheeks, the humiliation, the betrayal, all of it.
I stormed out of the house and left.

Sabrina's POV
I was getting ready for Chris to pick me up so we could go to dinner. When he did, I wore a maternity dress he had bought me the other day.
"Wow Sabrina! You look stunning!" He said.
"Thanks," I blushed.
We drove uptown to one of the most expensive restaurants in town. We sat down and ordered. He looked at me from across the other side of the table and I smiled.
"Sabrina you really are beautiful," he said.
I blushed once again.
"There's something I really want to tell you," he said.

A/N: Another cliffhanger! The next chapter is really crucial to the last line so make sure you're following me so you can get the notification when my next chapter comes out!