Chapter 12

A few months have passed and the day of the wedding finally arrives, one month before the Lich begins his attack. The wedding is hosted right outside Finn's tree house, near midnight. Those who came were mostly Jake, Lady Rainicorn, Princess Bubblegum, BMO, Lumpy Space Princess, so many others who were from the Candy Kingdom, Princesses from other kingdoms, and Hunson Abadeer, who had promised Marceline that he would be on his best behavior. The wedding had been illuminated by the bright hot flowers, same ones used on Flame Princess's grave. The theme was black, just the way Marceline had wanted it. There was black lace everywhere and on the table, there were all sorts of red foods, ranging from apples, strawberries, cherry jello, and even the cake was crimson red.

            It was time for the bride and groom to walk down the aisle. First to come down the aisle is Finn, arm in arm with Princess Bubblegum. In Finn's mind, this was still all so surreal. Just a few years ago, he would have never thought about getting married, especially to Marceline. Now that the time has come, everything just felt right. He looked around in the audience and waved to the people he knew and loved. Once him and Bubblegum reached the end of the walkway, the bride began to walk down the aisle. Hunson was walking arm in arm with his beautiful daughter, Marceline. She was wearing a beautiful black, lacey wedding dress. Her face was covered with a black veil and her arms were mostly covered in black gloves. The bride and groom stared at each other. Marceline had never expected the one she would be getting married to was Finn, who at one time, was so dorky and adolescent. She smiled at her lover all the way to the front. They looked at each other, as Princess Bubblegum walked onto the podium behind them.

            "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of Glob – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

            "Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy – and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly – it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained.

            "Through marriage, Finn and Marceline make a commitment together to face their disappointments – embrace their dreams – realize their hopes – and accept each other’s failures. Finn and Marceline will promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together – through mutual understanding – openness – and sensitivity to each other.

            "We are here today – before Glob – because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes – to witness the joining in marriage of Finn and Marceline. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now – through me – He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds.

            "This is a beginning and a continuation of their growth as individuals. With mutual care, respect, responsibility and knowledge comes the affirmation of each one’s own life happiness, growth and freedom. With respect for individual boundaries comes the freedom to love unconditionally. Within the emotional safety of a loving relationship – the knowledge self-offered one another becomes the fertile soil for continued growth. With care and responsibility towards self and one another comes the potential for full and happy lives.

            "By gathering together all the wishes of happiness and our fondest hopes for Finn and Marceline from all present here, we assure them that our hearts are in tune with theirs. These moments are so meaningful to all of us, for what greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined together – to strengthen each other in all labor – to minister to each other in all sorrow – to share with each other in all gladness?