Doctor POV

(y/n) followed me towards a young man.

"Excuse me," I said. "Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?"

"Possibly. Who are you?"

"I'm the Doctor and this is my assistant, Miss (l/n). We've heard that there's been some trouble in your town here. Would that be correct?" The man nodded. "And why is that?"

The man lowered his voice and said, "there have been strange people coming around here as of late. They come here once every two weeks, but we've heard news that they visit other cities as well. They go around to every town, taking whoever they see fit for their cause."

"So where do they go?" (y/n) asked.

"No one knows. They never come back."

"Who takes them?" I question.

Before he could answer, a loud voice rang through the street.

"Get in line!" it shouted. "Now! Move it!"

I pushed (y/n) into line with the other people. We peeked down the line to see a small group of Sontarans.

"What are they?" (y/n) whispered to me.

"Sontarans," I replied. "Alien race whose goal is to conquer the world."

"And they want to do that by kidnapping people?"

"It would lower the number of people, thus lowering the resistance."

"Their heads look like potatoes."

"Hush. Here they come."

We got back in line as they got closer. One Sontaran scanned someone and announced he was 'normal.' They moved down the line, continuing to do the same to the other people. Soon, they stopped in front of me and scanned me.

"Subject not human," he said. "Subject identified as alien. Take in for testing."

Another Sontaran grabbed my arm and pulled me out of line.

"Hey!" I said. "Easy there! Watch the coat! It's my favorite one."

I looked back at (y/n). Fear filled her eyes. I tried to give her a reassuring look. The Sontarans moved in front of (y/n) and scanned her.

"Subject not human." My eyes widened. "Subject identified as mutant. Take in for testing."

The Sontarans pulled (y/n) out of line. I looked down at her to try and get an explanation, but she kept her eyes on the ground. After going down the rest of the line and selecting a few others, we were led away.