(y/n) POV

The potato head aliens pushed the Doctor and I into a cell.

"You will remain here until we are ready for testing."

With that, he slammed the door. I sighed and slid against the wall until I sat on the floor. The Doctor walked around the cell, probably looking for a way out.

"You know, (y/n)," he suddenly said. "I've never had a companion that wasn't human. I've met spies, warriors, assassins, thieves, even time travelers, but never a nonhuman. What was it they called you back there?"

"A freak," I replied flatly. "Monster, abomination, disgrace, mistake. The scientific terms for what I am is a 'mutant;' basically someone with a special ability."

"I fail to see how an unique ability makes someone a freak."

"Believe me," I chuckled. "It does. When you live a good majority of your life normally, then suddenly you have these powers... Everything changes. Friends don't talk to you. Neighbors won't come to visit. Parents hide their children when they see you. Your own parents," I added, my voice breaking slightly, "forcing you out of the house because they're scared, because they want things to return to normal."

I paused to take a shaky breath and glance at the Doctor. He was staring at me, unmoving. I looked into my lap, pulling my knees to my chest.

"I found out I had these... powers... when I was twelve. I kept them a secret for almost a year. Then... a friend of mine was being bullied at school. I stepped between them and went to push the other kid but she suddenly went flying backwards. I never touched her. The teachers called my parents and told them what had happened.

"From the on, people kept their distance. I wasn't allowed back in school. My powers only got stronger. Sometimes, when I was upset, I would make cars float. My parents tried to get me help from doctors and experts but nothing worked. Finally, they decided I just needed to leave. They put me on a train with some money and belongings and left me. They didn't care where I went, just as long as it was away."

By this point, tears were rolling down my cheeks, but I finished my story.

"So that's what I did; I never went home. I traveled, looking for work and a place to stay. I never stayed in one place long. As a matter of fact, I had only been in Paris for a few months before I met you."

A hand gently touched my face, causing me to jump. I looked up to see the Doctor crouched beside me. I could almost see tears in his dark brown eyes.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)," he whispered. "I am so, so sorry. I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me?"

"You would have found out."

"And if I hadn't?"

"You always figure things out. You're the Doctor."

"So what are your powers, exactly?" the Doctor asked after a moment.

"I can move things with my mind, along with make force fields. I've practiced for years learning to control it, but they occasionally act up."

The Doctor stayed silent for a minute, thinking.

"So when we first met," he said, "at the factory, there was no force field? That was you?" I nodded. "Could you show me something else?"

I nodded again.

"Throw something across the room," I told him.

He dug through his bigger-on-the-inside pockets and pulled out a rubix cube. He glanced at me before throwing it across the cell. I watched it fly and before it hit the ground, I stopped it with my powers. The cube floated several inches above the ground. I slowly moved it back towards us. Glancing at the Doctor, I saw fascination in his eyes. I looked back at the cube and focused. As it came closer, it began to move. I smiled slightly as I twisted and turned the block. After a few moments, the rubix cube landed in the Doctor's hand, solved. He stared at the toy.

"Incredible!" he said. "That is absolutely incredible! I've never seen anything like it!"

I smiled a little more, glad he enjoyed seeing my powers.

"So," I said, changing subjects. "Did you find a way out of here yet?"

"Nope. Everything's too hard to get through; even my sonic won't work on it."

I thought for several minutes. As I came up with an idea, I turned to the Doctor.

"How much do you trust me?" I inquired with a smirk.