Chapter 17- I Guess This Is It

Sam's P.O.V

I awoke the next morning to a beeping alarm clock. I literally jumped out of bed and took a shower.

It had been one month since I decided to go live with my mother in California and today was my last day with my bros, best friends, and boyfriend. My mom and I have to leave for the airport at eight p.m, so we planned on spending the day with everyone, including Alex, Brie, and Jill.

"Morning, Sammie!" Mikey beamed and hugged me. I returned the hug and kissed his cheek.

"Mornin'." I yawned. "Where is everyone?"

"Getting stuff up top." He said, motioning to the surface. I nodded and looked over his shoulder. I saw that he had made an ice cream cake and was now adding the gel icing. I sighed and kissed his cheek.

"You have no idea how much I'm gonna miss ya'." I said and hugged him. He put everything down and wrapped his arms around me.

"If you're gonna miss me then why don't you just stay here?" He mumbled, thinking I hadn't heard.

"Mikey, look at me." I said and cupped his cheek in my hand. "I don't wanna lose my mom again. If you's wah' in my position, you'd choose to go too." I said. He sighed and nodded.

"But who am I gonna pay video games with, play pranks with, and protect me from Raph?" He whimpered.

"Mikey, there is plenty a' people to play video games with. There's a ton of people to play pranks with. And Raphie has a girlfriend now. He won't be bothering you as much." I said with a small smile. "Plus, you have Alex."

"Yeah, but you were there before her. As much as I love her, I can't just replace you as my number one girl." He said and kissed the top of my head. I smiled at him saying that. He always knew how to make me feel loved and important.

"Guys, we're back!" Ayame's voice sounded from the entrance to the lair. She dropped the bags and ran over to me. She pulled me into a tight hug and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked and pulled away, my brown eyes meeting her blue ones.

"I'm just...I'm gonna miss you a lot." She said and a tear fell. I nodded and wiped it away.

"I'm gonna miss you too." I said and hugged her once more.

"She isn't gone yet, weirdo. Stop cryin'." Jill chuckled. Ayame huffed and stepped aside. Gabe walked up to me and met his lips with mine.

"Hey you.' he smiled and rested his forehead on mine.

"Hey." I said and snaked my arms around his neck.

"You all packed up?" My mom asked. I nodded and hugged everyone.

"You ready for your last day in New York?" Leo asked and wrapped his arm around my neck. I nodded and the fun began.

The day consisted of eating, playing truth or dare, me making promises to everyone about different stuff. Before I knew it, time had flown by and it was time for everyone to head to the airport and see me off.

"You sure you's got everything?" Raph asked and handed me my duffel bag.

"Yes, Raph. It's like you want me to leave!" I chuckled. he shook his head and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Let's roll out." Ayame said and took Leo's hand. I nodded and walked the door, hanging back.

"You coming?" Donnie asked. I put my bag down and looked around the lair one more time. I looked over at the staircase and flashbacks of Mikey and I playing cops and robbers came back to me. I smiled at the memories and looked at the couch. The time Raph and I fell asleep snuggling while having a 'Psych' marathon appeared. I chuckled at the memory and moved along. I then made my way into the dojo. I stood there for a second and looked down at the mat. All of the spars, training sessions, and good times that took place there came back to me in flashes. I walked out of the dojo and back to the group.

"You okay?" Casey asked me. I nodded and picked up my bag.

"let's go. We're gonna miss our flight, Mom." I sighed. She nodded and walked with me to the sewers. My eyes widened as I realized that I forgot something. "Hold on!" I said and took off. I ran to the place were my Dark Knight suit lay hidden in the nook behind the ladder leading up to the part of New York known as Flatbush. I grabbed it and ran back to the group.

We rushed to the airport and got our bags checked. We did everything else and finally waited outside the terminal, waiting for our flight to be called. I put my stuff down and surveyed the group, all of them tearing up.

"You better be good." April and Casey said and hugged me. I nodded and returned the hug.

"And no vigilante, please." Casey whispered before pulling away. I looked at the ground and moved towards Jill. She hugged me and sighed.

"You're a good kid, don't let Cali change ya'." She chuckled and gave me a red bag with navy blue stripes. I narrowed my eyes and she just rested her hand on my own. "Don't open it till ya' get to California." I nodded and moved over to Alex and Brie.

"You are amazing, don't forget to call us every day!" They said. I chuckled and nodded, now sliding over to say goodbye to Donnie.

"You better take care of yourself because I won't be there to do it anymore." he sniffled and hugged me tightly. I let a tear roll off my cheek and nodded. I kissed his cheek and slid towards Mikey.

"You better not forget about us." Mikey whimpered and hugged me.

"I will nevah' forget 'bout you's." I promised and kissed his beak. He sniffled and nodded. He handed me a large bag with a white ribbon.

"Don't open it till you get on the plane." he said with a sad smile. I nodded and looked over to see who was next. Ayame and Leo. I stood in front of Ayame and we just stared for a minute before she tackled me in a hug.

"I dunno how I'm gonna live without my bestie here with me."

"You'll manage." I chuckled sadly, thinking the exact same thing about her. She handed me a Forever 21 bag and a Nike outlet bag. I rolled my eyes playfully and gave a small gift as well. I looked up at Leo and smiled.

"Please keep that anger of yours under control and try not to go all 'I-m-a-hardcore-New Yorker-' on people." He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"No promises. We both know I don't do well with people." I smirked. He shook his head and stepped back. Raph was up nect. This should be good.

"Sam, you's bettah' call us every day and keep up with ya' trainin'!" he said sternly. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You bet, Raphie." A playful growl rumbled in his throat and he returned the hug, kissing my cheek before pulling away.

"Sammie, please try to come visit." Gabe said and rested his forehead on mine.

"I'll do what I can, baby." I said. he nodded and kissed me. I kissed him back and smiled.

"I love you." He said. I looked up at him and kissed him once more.

"I love you more." I said and cupped his cheek in my hand. My hand slid down his cheek and fell at my side before making my way towards Father.

"Samantha, I've watched you grow up and you are turning into a valient and bold kunoichi. I couldn't be more proud, my daughter." He smiled and hugged me. "Please come visit amd contact us often." He said and  pulled away. I nodded, its all I ciuld do. I was in the verge of tears and was speechless. His words and praise meant the world to me.

"Sammie, you ready to go?" Mom asked. I nodded and grabbed my suitcase and two duffel bags. We walked to the gate and handed the person our tickets. I looked back at the group and waved one more time before we entered the plane. The gate closed behind us and we took our seats in first class.

"Are you ready for this?" My mom asked me. I rested my head on her shoulder and smiled.

"Lets do this, Mom." After fifteen minutes, the plane was striding down the runway and my family was standing at the large window, waving and blowing kisses as the plane took off into the sky.

There's no turning back now....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, Sammie is flying across the country! What do you guys think about that?!

I love you guys so much and please don't forget to comment and vote!

-Jill