Chapter 18- My Across-The-Country Adventure

"Sammie, time to wake up." My mom said and kissed my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes and felt the plane come to an abrupt stop. I looked out the window and saw nothing but luggage and a  runway. I sighed and grabbed my Dark Knight duffel bag. I followed my mother into the terminal and looked around.

Nothing seemed different. New York and California seemed so much alike and no different. That is until we stepped outside. It was at least ten degrees hotter, there was palm trees surrounding the entrance, and the feel of the new state was a lot more...intriguing.

I walked to the taxi with mom and hopped in. She gave the driver the address '2454 Bell Avenue.' We were only in the car for a matter of ten minutes before I was met with a gorgeous sight.  The landscaping looked as though it was professionally done, almost every front yard had a grand fountain made out of slick marble granite, and the neighborhood looked as though it was made for celebrities to settle. I gawked at the houses and houses and wondered which one was my new home.

The taxi soon came to a stop and mom paid the taxi driver. She helped me with my bags and we stepped out of the car. My eyes were now fixed on the place I now called home. It was a three story house with balcony above the grand entrance, there were rose bushes and other flower types lining the front of the large home, the grass was a beautiful forest green and it looked to be freshly cut. There was also a large garage and long driveway leading up to that.

"Do you like cars?" My mother asked. I nodded and smiled. "Good because I wanna show you something." She said. She walked along the sidewalk and entered a code that opened the garage door. I gasped and dropped my bags. There was three cars, all made by the Ferrari company. "Pick one." She said.

"W-what?" I asked in shock. She laughed and hugged me.

"I wanna give you the best and what better way to do that than to give you a car?" She said with a smile.

"I can't do that.' I said and stepped away.

"Please, Sammie! I'm getting a new car today and I need to get rid of one!" My mom said. I sighed and looked at all three cars. They were all the same Ferrari, just different colors. I finally decided on the crimson red one. My mom handed me the keys and smiled. "We'll go put you on my insurance plan as soon as were done unpacking."

"Okay, Mom." I smiled and walked inside with her. As we walked inside and headed towards the main room, my heart skipped a beat. There was a grand maple hardwood floors, a mahogany table next to the door with a row of hooks that held car keys, and there was a glass chandelier overhanging the room. And the best part about all of this was that the room I had just described was the foyer.

"Do you want to go shopping for your bedroom tomorrow?" Mom asked and walked with me to the living room.

"That sounds good." I said and set my bags on the cushion next to me. I sighed and laid down, closing my eyes. I felt a blanket cover me from head to toe and I smiled as my mother kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight, Sammie." Mom whispered and I heard the flick of the light switch. The room darkened and I fell asleep with ease, although the family was running through my mind at this time.

"Sam...Sam...Sam!" My mom's voice rang in my ears.

"What time is it?" I asked with a yawn.

"It's ten O'clock, booboo." She smiled and kissed my forehead. "Why don't you get your shoes on and we'll go do some shopping. I've already hired the people to do your bedroom, so let's go because they'll be here at three." She said with a thoughtful smile. I nodded and got up. I grabbed my T-phone and put my Nike's on. My mom grabbed the keys to her truck and we left.

The day had gone by and I had gotten a dark red for my bedroom color. My furniture consisted of a new black and red zig-zag patterned comforter set, a new queen sized bed, a red and white area rug to match my comforter, and a lot of picture frames and posters.

Before long, three O'clock rolled around and I decided to start painting.

"Sammie, what are you doing? We have people coming to paint." My mom said.

"I know. I just wanna help out." I shrugged and kept on with my painting.

"Alright, you can help out until the painters come!" She said sternly. Her phone began to ring and she stepped out of the room. "Hello...what? Why are you canceling?....Fine." She sighed and hung up.

"What?" I asked and put the paint brush in the can.

"The painters canceled, so it looks like it's up to you and I to get this room looking top notch!" Mom said enthusiastically. I handed her a brush and we got to painting. "I could go for some music. What kind a' music ya' got on there?" She asked, gesturing to my T-phone.

"Skillet, Linkin Park, Taylor Swift, Frozen." I shrugged. Her eyes shined and she was grinning from ear to ear.

"Do you have Let It Go?" She asked with a smile. I laughed and played the song. Within a matter of seconds, we were singing along.

"Let It Go! Let It Go! Turn away and slam the door!" I sang.

"And here I stand in the light again! Let the storm rage on! The cold never bothered me anyway." She sang and started dancing to the beat of the music. We laughed and sang our hearts out. I have to admit, I think I made a good choice of coming here. I finally feel like I have another girl in my life!

I then heard vibrating from across the room. I looked over and saw Mom's phone ringing.

"Mom, ya' phones ringin'." I said. She ran over to it and froze. "What's wrong." She stayed silent for a minute and waited until the vibrations stopped. The room fell silent and she looked up at me with wide, ecstatic eyes.

"That was your father...," I gasped and smiled. "Not Master Splinter...," she said. I narrowed my eyes at her and set the paint brush down. "It's you blood related father!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sammie found her Daddy! Well..sorta!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that this book will not be more than thirty chapter, so it will be coming to a close soon! There are about two or three more big twists and shockers in the story before it ends!

Comment and Vote! I love you guys sooooooooo much!

-Jill