Chapter 1

I woke up to the blinding light shining through my open window. I placed my feet on the carpet and walked towards the door. I turned the doorknob ever so slowly making sure not to make too much noise. I sauntered downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a raisin bagel and put it into the microwave. I snatched the cream cheese from the fridge. The microwave made a noise signaling it was done. I opened the mini door and took the cream cheese and spread it evenly on the bagel. I turned on Pandora and ate my bagel like I do every morning. I turn around to going to my room but bump into somebody. I look up to see my older brother looking down at me.

"Mornin' sis."

"Wat up Logan"

"Just getting breakfast. I don't want to be late for work."

"Ok. Will you take me with you? I wanna get a good climb in before I hangout with Jen."

"Sure thing."

This is my older brother, Logan. He works as a climbing instructor. He's four years older than me but he is my best friend. He has always been there for me and is always supportive. He cares for me and I care for him. We have a younger sister ,Jen, who is 14. She is a sweet heart but is very outgoing. We are close nit family. You're probably wondering who I an. I'm Alex. I'm a 17 year old tom girl. I am an outgoing person much like my sister. I'm usually like that around my friends. When I'm alone, I usually listen to music and read. Sure I have a lot of friends but most of them aren't really close friends like my brother and me or Kristen and me. Kristen is much like me but different in so many ways. We do everything together and she is basically my second sister. I was taken out of my thoughts when Kristen came through the door.

"Hey Alex."

"Sure come in."

"Oh you do it in my house too. Thank goodness we are going climbing today. Are you taking Jen with you? "

"No. Remember last time. She got halfway up, had to pee, made us climb all the way back down, and refused to going back up."

"Yeah better not then."

"Ok then. Whats up Logan. What time do you have work?"

"10 o'clock."

"k. Thanks. You! Weneed to get you ready. You look like a freakin' zombie." Kirsten said pointing to me.

"Wow wait to boost self esteem."

" You know I'm joking. Now get your ass upstairs."

"Ok bossy."

We walked up the stairs towards my room. We walked into my room and I laid down on the bed. Kristen strolled over to my closet to get me clothes. I obliged and let her do her thing. She pulled out a black tank top that had a Nike symbol on it and paired it with jean shorts. I took the outfit and put it on. I put my hair in a messy bun as Kristen put hers in a ponytail. I looked at what she was wearing. She wore a tank top like mine and a pair of running shorts with Nike shoes. Her thick brown hair was now in a ponytail. She was wearing a bit of mascara making her piercing jade eyes stand out. That was one of the thing that was completely different. I am a dirty blonde with crystal blue eyes. I look almost exactly like Logan.

We walked downstairs to see if Logan was ready. Sure enough, he was standing at the door way waiting for us. We climbed into the navy BMW. Logan turned on the radio and starting singing the song that came on. He had a good voice. In fact everyone in our family was a good singer including me. We sang along as loud as we could as we cruised down the Cali roads towards Logan's work. I went to work with him as often as possible. I love hiking and nature. There is just something about the peace and serenity of being alone with creation that I liked. It took me to another world. Without any cares, I could stay there forever. I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard the engine cut off. I look out the window to find the familiar place.

(A/N So here is the first chapter. It was kind of an introductory chapter. This is my first fanfic so I hope you like it.)