Tek Time// A LETTER

Dear Woman,

I'm not worth it. You probably know that by now.

But I hope you're not telling your friends what you need over me. More water. Less stress. Less of me. Because I love you; even though I only call you when I need you, not when I should. And I only hurt you cause I need to, because I could. I hate myself for it, but sometimes I need to hear you scream, rather than say nothing.

But now you're getting tired of me.

If I'm honest, I don't know what this is or what I'm doing. But I know one thing: When you cry, I see my mother's tears. And when you walk out on me, I see her walking out on him. I don't want you to suffer like she did. And I don't want to be like him.

So, I'm sorry. Sorry that I don't know how to do this.

Sorry that I'm not used to it.

Sorry that he's still a part of me, I'll admit.

But for every time that I've made you cry, I wanna make you smile.

Woman, please, take time with me.

-A Fatherless Black Man

Sometimes the traits that are passed down aren't genetic. They're a subconscious reflection.

In this case, a black man reflects the tragedies of the man before him not because he wants to but because he doesn't know any better. He's not right. But he's not to blame, either. The cycle is only endless if we don't break it.

It's as easy as that.

Black men are only terrible in relationships if we don't encourage otherwise.

Take time with us.

((inspired by body smile by dvsn))