Day 3

So, after hours in the tunnel, Zara brought you to the surface. The thing is-

"Why are we in Western Gate? This is still eight miles from the Heart." Damien growled at Zara, who flinched and shrunk down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were willing to stay in a cave for a night and a day."

Florence gripped Damien's shoulder.
"Don't." He muttered.

Dakota huffed.
"Might as well make the most of it."

Around you were looming buildings of strange stone with few windows. This place was booming with life, street performers lining the cobblestone boulevards. Boisterous chatter filled the air, lights here seeming warm. There were trees sprouting right out of the street, flower beds along the sidewalk.

Good smells wafted through the air, perfume and bread and magnolia mixing together in your nostrils. Not an Observer in sight.

And yet, the Snapper siblings seemed to be wary of the place. You, being Slip-ins, could see it too. Where the Regulars like Zara, Xok, and Florence saw gorgeous people in clothes from across the times in all sorts of styles, you saw corpses mangled beyond recognition. Some, you thought, might not even have been human at all. Yet there are some that stand out in the crowd...

Florence grinned.
"I think I like it here."