Holiday Love

I watched as two friends of mine stood there, just chatting. I sat there, watching, being the third wheel. I sat around, with my other friends, us just being who we were. I watched as they moved across the room and I laughed and my friends turned their heads.

"What are you laughing about?" Percy asked me.

"Oh... just that they are over there, under the, you know what," I said, trying to hide my laughter.

"Oh," Percy turned around. "Hey, Sean do you know what you're under?"

I watched as Jessica and Sean turned heads to see themselves under a mistletoe. I watched as their faces flushed red. I smiled and turned away I made the others turn too but one just wouldn't, he had one last thing to say.

"Come on you two, you know the rules!" Hayden yelled as he turned around.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes, but I couldn't help it, I watched.

~*~

I smiled as I stood beside my friends. Percy looked at me with a smile. I stared at him with the same silly smile. I turned to everyone else, everyone was with someone, we were waiting, waiting for 2018 to come. I stared to my right. Sean and Jessica together again. To my left, Hayden and Loretta beside each other.

I knew who everyone was standing beside this New Year. I sighed and stared back at Percy.

"I'm glad you chose me KC." He said.

"Mhmm I'm only here cause you talked me into this," I said and laughed as I stared at Sean and Jessica.

They were so close together, I knew it all. I knew who they were, they were a team. I couldn't get between that, that's why they were together this night. As usual, I was just there, just the side member, I couldn't change that, I didn't want to change that, but all I knew, was that they would stay like that, and I'd always let it be. 

I turned my head to the sky, watching as fireworks brightened the dark night sky. I turned my head and watched as Jessica's head leaned onto Sean's shoulder. Smiling I turned back to Percy.

"Thanks," I said.

"For what?" He questioned turning to me.

"For this, for everything, for choosing me, and letting me have a front seat to that." I pointed to Sean and Jessica.

I watched as Sean's head turned to me, he had a fiery look in his eyes, I knew that look. I'll kill you if you say anything.

I smiled, I already had.

---

You're welcome