chapter 2 : A Connection

I quickly make a list in my head, slowly checking each thing off.

"Okay I have my clothes, my journal, my wallet, pyjamas, makeup, essentials..." I mumble to myself.  "That's everything." I nod, zipping my bag closed.

I'm surprised I didn't struggle with that, actually. Mainly because I tend to overpack. I always tell myself, "oh maybe this would be cuter" let's just say I enjoy having options. Plus who knows, I could meet my mate. I'll have to look good for that.

••••••••••

I've been sitting here for over an hour. Some guy was supposed to pick me up at 12, it's 1:45 now. I'm not shocked, majority of the guys just don't care anyways.

I don't hate guys but I don't have good pasts with them. Most of my exes are just judgemental rude dicks. Hopefully my mate isn't like that.

I hear a car door slam shut. Knowing it's my ride I go grab my bag and answer the door that's being knocked on.

Opening the door I put a large smile on my face, "Hey. You must be my ride?"

"That would be me! My name is Ryan, yours?"

"I'm Ashlen, it's nice to meet you." I reach out my hand to shake. Hmm he has a good handshake too. Very firm, I silently laugh.

"Likewise ma'am." He laughs, "I can carry that for you if you'd like?" He offers, awkwardly putting his arms near my bag.

"You noticed I was struggling huh?" I quickly slide the strap off my shoulder, trying to dispose of the strain on my shoulders.

"I sure did." He says, grabbing the bag from me and throwing it over his shoulder.... not literally.  "After you.." he bows down, waving his hands in a gesture.

"Why, thank you." I giggle, sliding past him as I walk to his car.

Opening up the passenger door I take a seat and buckle up my seatbelt.

"So Ryan, your a future beta I take it?" I sensed it from when we shook hands.

"Sure am. And your the heir to an alpha."

"One of them yup. And sadly the only girl." I scoff, why couldn't I just have one more sister.

"Yeah well I'm the only boy out of 4 siblings, so I get where your coming from." He shakes his head, backing out of the drive way and driving out of town.

"Well that's one thing we have in common I guess." I laugh, "Tell me about yourself."

"Like what? I'm not a very interesting person unlike the fact that I'm the heir to a beta."

"Just tell me anything. I'd like to have at least one new friend from this pack, or I'll probably go crazy." I may be the alphas daughter, but I'm surely not invincible. Even the strongest people have fears and weaknesses. I can get shy too, I'm afraid that I'm not gonna befriend anyone (besides Ryan) on this trip.

"Okay well, I'm 17 years old, my birthday is on Valentine's Day, my family line originated from Iceland, my favourite food consists of anything that's seafood, i enjoy fighting, playing basketball, and drawing. I have never met my mate. I prefer my girls all natural, I hate when I need to repeat myself, and I sometimes talk too much." He let's out a large breath and gives me a smile.