chapter 3: Alpha Jai

Ashlen

Ryan and i had talked a lot while we waited for that guy to come. I found out he likes to smoke too. i mean, it's kind of hard not too. Ryan and I both consider ourselves the odd ones out of our family. His sisters get all the attention and since he's the oldest son and future beta he doesn't always get it easy. Meanwhile, i'm the only daughter so i get excluded in so many things because i already have three brothers to take charge. If i was born a male it'd be different. But i'm so glad i'm a female. Guys suck.

"Soo Ashlen. How many boyfriends have you had?" Ryan asked me, acting like a detective. We were playing 21 questions.

"How'd i know this would be a question?" i laughed, "okay umm none of them were serious at all. But i had 3. None lasted more than 2 months. I guess being 17 and everyone finding their mates at 18 there was a huge reason for that. I hope i can find my mate soon though, have you found yours?"  I looked up at ryan awaiting an answer. He shifted positions on edge of the bed giving me a look of uncertainty.

"I mean, yeah i guess you could say that. It's a real infuriating and confusing story though. And knowing females, you will feel touched by it and most likely want to pity me. So no thanks." He let out a deep breath, slightly rolling his eyes. He didn't sound impressed in the slightest.

"Damn sounds to me like a mate of yours did something pretty fucked up to give you a reaction like that."

"Let's just say it was a douc" Right as Ryan was going to say something about whatever some douchebag did, this tall guy walked in and scoffed. He was genuinely very attractive. As soon as i seen him my wolf went crazy. He smelt a lot like the forest, a mix of fresh pine and cedar wood. My ultimate favourite. I knew i wasn't 18 just yet. My birthdays still a month away. But i know this guy was my mate. At least that's what my wolf was letting me know. I could tell by his aura he was Alpha Ricks son. His heir.

"Whose a douche?" Alpha Ricks son gave a stern look to Ryan. Then turned his head to me. I could tell he knew we were mates. We stared at each other dead in the eyes. He looked quite happy at first. He started sniffing my aroma. That's when something changed. I saw something flash in his eyes. Confusion. He almost seemed alarmed. I couldn't tell if this was good or bad.
"Nobody. Ashlen, this is Jai. The soon to be Alpha. Jai, this is Ashlen the daughter of Alpha Jax- Blackstone pack."

He approached the bed, moving Ryan over and replacing his spot. He turned to Ryan and gave him a 'What the Fu**' look. They looked at each other for a minute exchanging weird face gestures. I'm assuming they were mind linking. Ryan looked upset and abruptly sat up.

"I'm gonna go talk to my dad about the security. You guys can talk or whatever." He gave me a smile, and turned his back walking out the door. Jai waited a minute before turning his body towards me. He was perfect in my eyes. He had soft brown eyes, with hints of green within them. A sculptured jaw and nicely defined nose. Clear pale skin. Everything about his face was so symmetrical and attractive i was impressed. Not even i had a face that symmetrical. I'm not ashamed of my flaws though. I have a slightly crooked jaw. Almost similar to Tyler Posey's just not as extreme. Jai, was so intriguing.

"Touch my hand." Jai said.
"I think i know why but alright." I leaned my hand up, awaiting Jai to put his hand up also. When he did, he looked me in the eyes before placing his hand directly on mine. He interlaced our fingers and it was at that moment i felt butterflies erupt within me. Shocks and tingles of energy and warmth shot through my veins. It was ecstacy. The mates first touch. I heard of this from my mom. When me and my brothers were kids she would always tell us that the mates first touch was the most important part of finding our mates. That no matter the age, if you found your mate you would get a sign as soon as you touch. I have never had this experience with anyone else, and my wolf going crazy proved this even more.

"I can't believe this right now. So you're my mate." He lowered his hand but didn't let go of mine. I just nodded my head.

"How old are you?"

"i'm only 17 but i'm turning 18 in a month. But i guess we found each other a little sooner. How old are you?"

"I'm 18." He grabbed my legs and pulled them on the bed. Jai turned my whole body to face him, placing my legs on either side of him.

"Holayy just straight to grabbing me. Makes sense."

"We have so many things to talk about Ashlen. I know we just figured out we're mates and it's new to us both. But there's lots i need to discuss with you, which will come with time. As of right now we need to talk about us though. Our future as mates. You know this is inevitable, we're fated together. I just want to know if you want this. If your willing to accept me as your mate." Jai carefully explained.

Although i wasn't sure what he means what he needs to exactly discuss with me. It gave me anxiety, i always was the type who overthought things. i always said it's better to expect the worst than to expect the best so when you find out you aren't upset or disappointed.

"Yeah, obviously i'll accept you as my mate. Im not sure what you mean by all the stuff you have to talk about with me "in time" but i'll find out either way i guess. We'll have to tell our families about this too. So what's the plan?" I was already stressing about this. Jai was confusing my head already with his word play and i'm still shocked by the fact i found my mate.

"Okay good. I think you should stay here and we can get to know eachother. i can get someone to get your stuff from home and move it to my bedroom. You can stay with me now."

"Well damn. So we're just gonna sleep in the same bed together already?" I tried to hide my smile. If it was any other guy it'd be weird, but since it's him. It touched my heart. Knowing that with mates, it's not just sexual. You know it's a fated soul connection to tame our beasts within. Especially considering we both come from an alpha bloodline. I can be a very temperamental person. Jai probably is too. He's an upcoming Alpha.

"Sure why not?" He laughed, "Doesn't mean we have to do anything. I think it's kind of cute. My beautiful mate falling asleep in my bed with me every night."

"Awhhh" i cooed, "You already know how to touch my heart i'm impressed."

"Hmm who else touched your heart." His eyes flashed with jealousy. Jai is probably super possessive. Another inherited Alpha trait. Dominant men are protective and possessive over their women. And the fact they're werewolf. They would kill any man who dare put their hands on her.

"Nobody, just you. I can tell that much within 15 minutes of knowing you. Who touched your heart hmm." I just teased him back. I try not to take things to heart, i wanted to lighten the mood a bit.  Jai moved his eyes away from mine.

"Well aren't you cute. Ill mind link someone to get your stuff and bring it to my room. In the meantime i'll bring you there and let you get adjusted." He kissed the top of my hand. Then gently moved away before standing up.

"Okay Jai." He smiled and grabbed my hand, before guiding me out the bedroom suite and into the halls.