Chapter 27

Jasper

I finish talking to Claire and exit the bathroom. I take a deep breath and head back to the party. As soon as I step foot into the common area of the house, Brice comes over to me with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"So, you and Claire, huh?" Brice asks

"Yea, I don't know what it is about her but I think I'm in love with her" I mumble more to myself than him.

"Whatever you do don't piss her off because I'll pay for it with Elle" he says comically.

"I just had a, uh, talk with her," I smirk to myself.

"From how flushed she looks every time you guys make eye contact, I can tell it must've been some talk," sarcasm is dripping from his words. He pauses then sighs shaking his head, "I hope to fuck you know what you're doing with her."

"I've got it handled," I chuckle.

Claire

"I know, the only person missing is Garrett," I hear Elle say as I approach.

"Who is Garrett," I playfully question.

"Brice and Jasper's friend that couldn't be here" She explains.

The conversation continues for a short while then I'm pulled to the side by Shay, who has a very concerned look on her face. We walk into the kitchen and stand in a corner quietly as the people start to clear out for the gift opening that's about to take place.

As soon as the room is clear Shay turns to me and gives me a death glare, "Girl, you need to get your shit together," she whisper yells at me.

I try to act like I haven't an inkling of an idea of what she means but before I can speak she interrupts me.

"Don't you dare try to lie and play dumb. I heard you and Jasper fucking," she says. People walk into the kitchen and it halts her next comment until they leave.

Once we are alone again she turns back to me and continues, "I went looking for you to ask a question about the cake and was going to knock when I heard the words, 'suck this dick, bitch.' I honestly thought I heard wrong but then the noises that came after were what tipped me off to get lost." She cringes.

"Oh my god," I laugh mortified, "I'm so sorry you heard us."

"How long has this been going on and why haven't you told us?!"

"Awhile," I say sipping from the drink in my hand.

"You little hussy! Is it serious? You know Elle is going to kill you right," Shay excitedly says in one big breath.

"I know," I whine. "But he's just so fucking special to me. We've been through so much together that you guys don't even know about. And I even told him I love him," I say tearing up.

"Awe babe," She says embracing me.

Our moment is interrupted by Jasper and his loud ass voice.

"What the fuck did you say to her to make her cry," He fumes at Shay.

"I didn't say shit to her we were having a heart-to-heart you big fucking ogre," She sasses.

"Then why is my woman crying, bitch" Jasper says stepping forward.

I automatically turn toward him and push at his chest, "I was telling her how much I love and care about you damn idiot!"

"Oh," is all that pops out of Japers mouth.

"Yeah 'oh' is right you better fucking apologize to Shay or I'll never suck your dick again," I prop my hand on my hip daring him to challenge me.

Jasper's eyes are focused on me when the words leave his mouth, "Sorry."

"Thank you, Jas," I say before kissing his cheek.

"I can't wait to get you home, woman," He grumbles loud enough for Shay to hear.

"You live together!" Shay yells in disbelief.

"We have for a while now," Jasper admits, "Until she kicked me out."

"We are gonna talk, young lady," Shay says stabbing a finger in my shoulder then walking out to join the party.

"So, you were saying you love me," Jasper says embracing me from behind nuzzling my neck.

"I do love you," I sigh, "but that isn't going to fix a damn thing."

"We don't need to fix anything," he says turning me to face him, "I only need you."

I hoped he was right.