high five

The Losers were all in the forest, aiming at empty coke bottles with a loose slingshot. It was only for fun, since Bev had challenged each of the boys to do better than her. When she went first, she got eight out of ten. A solid eight out of ten.

No one could beat her. Stanley went afterwards, and he got maybe two at most. Bill got five, Richie got three, Ben got one, and Mike, surprisingly, got seven. All that was left to go was Eddie. No one believed he could do better, except for maybe Richie, but who would blame them? Eddie's small and frail, and can barely go a few minutes without his inhaler.

But everyone, even Richie, was surprised when he shot nine bottles and only missed one. "He's now down to his last shot," Richie announced in a horrible English accent, "does he have what it takes?" Eddie rolled his eyes and looked over, mouthing "shut up". Richie only smiled and patted his back.

Beverly chewed at her lip as she watched Eddie pull the string back and fire. The stone broke the glass and the bottle was knocked out of sight. Everyone began to cheer, except for Beverly, who now owed Eddie a dollar-sixty. 

Richie raised his hand for a high-five, to which Eddie smiled and slapped his hand. But Richie intertwined their fingers and brought their hands down. Bill smiled, hitting Stan softly, "Luh-look! He's doing i-it!"

Eddie laughed nervously, his cheeks beginning to heat up. "Richie, what-um, what are you-"

"I'm in love with you."

m
cute + funny?