Chapter 1: Alone

Antheia's POV

My stepmother rolled up the windows of her red car. She was gonna glare and start scolding me but she noticed that other parents were waving at her.

Her face lit up and she gave them a toothy grin. It was as bright as sunshine, but I have been living under the same roof with this woman enough to know that it wasn't as genuine and sincere as it looks.

"How was your day, darling?"

She questioned with a fake smile planted on her caky face. Here she goes again, acting like a good mother when others are around.

Terrible acting. She was more plastic than Barbie!

"T'was bad but it got worse when I saw you. "

I replied quietly and got inside our car. When I closed its door, I felt my step mother's deadly glare at me for a few seconds. Seeing that I didn't even take a glance at her, she started the engine and drove.

"You fucker, what if they heard you?"

Annoyed, I rolled my eyes and focused my attention on my phone in hand. It had a few scratches and cracks from the incident earlier.

Let's just say, my friends started to hate me because I did something and one of them broke my phone on purpose.

"Antheia, you're a disgrace. I don't know why your dad loves you more than my two daughters. They're obviously better than you. I hope you die soon, bitch."

She spat out, her eyebrows furrowed and she seemed frustrated. If this was the first time meeting her, I would be scared. However, this isn't our first meeting, though I hope this would be the last.

What a drama queen.

"Because unlike your slutty daughters, I don't go out and fuck older men everyday. So, can you shut your mouth? Your voice really annoys me."

I retorted back. She was fuming with anger and her left eye twitched. Amusement was ruling over my body. This was the first time I ever stood up to her actually.

She noticed me snickering at how pathetic she was. Irritated, she smacked my phone out of my hand and it fell on the ground. I picked it up calmly and put it back in my backpack.

For a brief moment, the car was filled with silence. I wasn't complaining. I actually prefer this than hearing her voice.

"Why did you pick me up? Finally guilty of what you've done to me? Finally treat me like your daughter?"

She looked at me from head to toe and scoffed. I suddenly felt conscious for some reason.

"You? Never. Also, I'm not guilty. Your dad asked me to pick you up because we, I mean my family, we will go to a restaurant at eight-thirty. Oh and don't even dare attend our fancy dinner because you're not worthy of the food and our presence there."

My stepmother stated while twirling her curls on her finger. I glanced at the car's window and focused on the hills flowing with various flowers instead.

Butterflies were fluttering around. Shades of pink and light orange were visible in the sky, indicating that the sun is setting. Kids were under the tree, sitting on the lush green grass, and laughing at something funny. Some were making pretty flower crowns.

The scene would be much more beautiful if only Sabrina wasn't here. Yeah, you read that right, Sabrina. But I prepare to call her evil, more like Lucifer but the girl version.

"I wonder why he treats you like you're special. There's nothing special about you. You are nothing but useless and an embarrassment, just like your mother!"