Chapter 4: Girlfriend For Show

Klyde's POV

The car ride was quiet. Antheai was silently sleeping, unintentionally snuggling into the softness of my sweater's fleece. My heart hadn't stopped fluttering since we have gotten unto this posture. I glanced and smiled hearing her silent snoring, much like a soft sound of an angel.

I focus onto the road wanting that this day would never end. I realized that I had some sort of feelings for Antheai, feelings that my mind couldn't explain why it made me want her to be mine. It may be too fast but whenever I see her lit up face and curve for a smile, it made my heart skip a beat. When I wrapped my hands around hers I felt like God fulfilled all my prayers, and whenever I saw her sad I wanted myself to be part of every chapter in her life. That would make me fill every page with our laughter and moments together, memories that would last.

I don't know why nor how I have gotten into this situation but my feelings for her are unexplainable and sudden, true and sincere though we have only seen each other for a while.

I know it sounds exaggerated, but I think I like her.

And I felt like it was the greatest feeling a guy could ever feel. My forlorn and shattered heart from a breakup was continuously fixing, just looking into her deep blue eyes.

And I'm a guy who isn't some dork so whoever crosses my path, whom I found interesting enough, can't get out of it without even tasting a piece of me. Kidding.

While still thinking of some possibilities that I wish would happen, I took another look at Antheai and she was moving, waking up and abruptly jerked her body sitting straight on the seat.

"Sorry..."

She said still in a sleepy tone.
Shyness also conspicuous in her voice.

"It's okay."

I muttered, taking a quick glance at her, she smiled and my heart beats doubled. This feeling!

She look at the road, and tilted her head upwards. The sun was rising, another breathtaking view. She opened the car's window without any permissions, enjoying the cold breeze, chirping of the birds and the rustles of leaves.

"I love watching sunrises and sunsets."

She said breaking the silence, as if remembering a scene from the past. Her voice was smooth and clear like the calm waters.

"Me too."

I answered her back even though it's not a question, wanting to make some sort of conversation in the car.

"Are we near yet?"

She asked, and this time, her voice was firm.

"Sort of, babe. But I think so."

I answered back. I've been trying to trial and error my way back home for three hours already. Progress though as the place where we are now looks familiar and I'm pretty sure we're on the right direction.

"There's food in the back, want to eat?"

I asked hoping for her to say yes.

"Sure!"

She answered, enthusiasm laced in her one-word reply.

She grabbed the basket and I parked the car. We started eating, then started talking.

We've been quietly munching the food, until she spoke.

"Why have you been so good to me?"

She asked, her eyebrows knotted in confusion and at the same time curiousness.