12

As soon as we get into the gathering room, people greet us happily. Theirs so many people here. So many humans. I smile in realization that this world isn't completely ruined. As I scan the room my eyes fall onto my parents and I rush to them immediately, gripping them with a tight hug as I get close enough. 

" Sophia!" My mom cries out in joy, tears spilling out of her eyes from happiness. My smile widens as I look between her and my dad. My parents. 

" Ryan!" They greet when they see him behind me. Ryan smiles respectfully at them before wrapping them in a big hug. My heart melts in a puddle of joy. Callan, who is quietly standing beside me grabs and pulls on my shirt. I smile at him. 

" Mom, Dad, I would like you two to meet Callan, Callan these are my parents." I introduce each with a smile. My parents take him in for a hug too, smiling kindly at the little boy. Happiness flows through me as if has some how been formed in my veins and coursing through my body. 

" I'm so happy to see ya'll." I say to my parents, they nod. 

" Us too." My dad smiles, grateful. 

" Ryan!!" I hear Ryan's dads voice call, I look towards the direction of the voice and see his dad making his way over here. 

" Dad." Ryan says, meeting his dad with a bone crushing hug. I look at them with a smile. I'm so overwhelmed with happiness, I feel tears swell up in my eyes before they hurriedly spill down my cheeks. I am so grateful for my family. So grateful that their is still life on this sad, cruel world. 

" Sophia." His dad smiles, hugging me as well. I hug him back with a nod and a smile. 

" How have ya'll been?" I ask looking from Ryan's dad to my parents. Ryan's dads smile falters and I instantly feel bad for asking such a dumb question. " I'm so sorry!" I sputter out quickly, looking down in shame. They've probably been through so much. They all look to me and shake their head. 

" It's alright." Ryan's dad says quietly. " Rebecca grew sick... " His voice trails off, as if in physical pain as he speaks. 

" I understand." I say, patting him on his shoulder, trying my best to comfort him. My parents nod, knowing the events that led to Ryan's mothers death. 

" How about we show you all to your rooms!" I hear Caleb's loud voice call out to our little group. Jackson, Peter, John, Sierra, Natalie, Callan, Ryan and I gather up and follow Caleb. " So who can room together?" He asks looking towards us. 

" Us three can." Ryan says, gesturing to Callan and I. He nods. 

" Great, and others?" He asks. Natalie and Peter glance at each other before nodding. I smile, finally admitting their secrecy. 

" Okay good. Always saves room when people can room together. Their might be other survivors out there who might find their way here." He adds before leading us down a hall. 

We all nod in understanding, following him. His first stop he addressed the room to John, the next to Peter and Natalie. Across from Johns he puts Jackson's room. He continues down the hall a little before stopping in front of another door, he gives this one to Sierra. We walk more til we reach the end of the hall. 

" This room is larger than the others, two beds in here along with two closets and other accessories. " Caleb smiles before leaving us to it.

 We smile back before Ryan, Callan and I pile into the room. I could't be more happier when I see a full sized bed on one side of the room and on the other side their is a twin sized bed. This room is perfect for the three of us. I couldn't be more happier and grateful for what I now have. 

Later that evening, everyone gathers in the dining hall. Our group is introduced to the people and formally welcomed to the camp. After that's finished we all eat, everyone splits up to their own groups. Our group stays together and finds my parents and Ryan's dad. We eat together happily, chatting about everything. I tell my parents about Callan, then I tell them about Ryan and I, and show them the rings. My mom screams with joy before attacking Ryan and I in a bear hug. I smile. My dad stares at the two of us, making me feel a little uncomfortable and nervous about his reaction towards Ryan and I. 

" What is it?" I finally ask, not being able to bare the awkwardness and tension of my dads stares. 

" I just can't believe it." My dad says, a grin forming on his face. " Thank God it's with Ryan though." My dad answers, hugging us. Ryan grins before sending me a wink. I smile, my cheek heating up. As I look around the table at my family, I smile. The moments like these short ones, are the moments that will last the longest in our hearts. Moments that will soon be turned into memories. 

That night, Callan gets into his bed as Ryan and I crawl into ours. 

" Goodnight." I say aloud to both of my boys. 

" Goodnight." Callans small voice replies. 

" Goodnight, my love." Ryan says, wrapping me up with a warm cuddle. 

†††††††
Thanks for reading!!! Enjoy! Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!!