This Life Is Like A Sentence

Going to be altering some of the events from the movie in order to fit with my storyline better, just in case you guys were wondering! For example this battle is on D'Qar instead of the one where they find Luke's lightsaber. Tbh it's cause I haven't seen this movie in ages and I just remembered now and I'm too lazy to fix it lmfao.

The aircraft shook violently as I struggled to regain my footing, losing balance before hitting the side of my head on a control panel

"Ama! Get low!" my mother yelled before turning around to direct her crew in order for us to escape.

"We're taking major losses!" someone shouted. My head was spinning from the blow and I pulled myself up, my boots suddenly feeling unbearably heavy. My stomach was queasy as we maneuvered frantically through the base, trying to avoid the ships chasing us.

"Find Poe!" my mom shouted, her face worried as she ran over to me. "You'll be alright, Ama. Just do as I say and follow my orders," she declared. I only nodded, letting her help me up. I wished I could do something to help, but I had no talents. I wasn't a pilot, I wasn't a technician, I wasn't a Jedi.

I was nothing.

"Look out! It's Poe!" my mom exclaimed, causing our ship to swerve sideways in order to avoid crashing into his X-wing. I breathed a sigh of relief at the realization that he was okay, even if I didn't know him. There was something about him that made me want to trust him completely. "Follow him!"

I held on to the edge of a table implanted into the floor of the aircraft, trying to keep myself from vomiting all over the place. The blood drained from my face as I felt us descending, butterflies dancing in my stomach. Despite how many ships I had been on and for how long, I had never gotten used to them. I didn't think I ever would.

But why were we running away? Why didn't we stay back and fight and help protect everyone else? Why were we being such cowards?

Our ship crashed into the ground as we were shot down, skidding forward before hitting a tree, sending us all flying forward. Poe's X-wing had landed much more smooth, and I looked everywhere, frantic to find where my mother had gone. I picked up a blaster and ran out of the ship, deciding to test my luck. I tucked another in my holster and stumbled out, screaming for Poe.

"Over here!" I heard him yell. I caught sight of his bright uniform behind his ship and sprinted over, tossing him a blaster as I did so. "Thanks," he said breathlessly, shooting at the oncoming Storm troopers. I looked down at the gun in my hands and closed my eyes, trying to remember how to aim properly. My dad had taught me when I was a kid but it had been so long since I handled one. My mom would always get mad when he taught me because I had no use for one. He said it was good for me to know, just in case. She always thought he was a troublemaker, even if he never really showed up.

"You okay, Amaryllis?"

Poe's voice brought me back to reality and I noticed my hands had started to bleed again. The warm, slightly sticky liquid dripped into my sleeves and I nodded my head, just as I felt a hand tug at the back of my collar, choking me. I let out a cry, my neck jerking backward at the sudden movement. "Amaryllis!" he yelled, just as he was taken by the arm and tossed to the side, his face smashing into the ground.